Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • If the pound sinks any lower………….
  • Lardy_biker
    Free Member

Id be tempted to work abroad. Discuss.

Its getting to the point now where "ordinary" jobs are going to be better paid on the continent than they are over here.

With free movement inside the EU. Whos tempted.

I know i am.

langy
    Free Member

doesn't affect me being in Australia, but what are the job prospects like for non-locals in Europe who don't speak the local dialect (in relation to these 'ordinary' jobs you speak of)?

iDave
    Free Member

i really want the dollar to slump in value, not too bothered about £:€

badnewz
    Free Member

The pound will probably regain some territory on the Euro, as the Euro has a lot of stress on it with the European banks carrying lots of bad debts (not that the UK doesn't, but its already been devalued to reflect this).
    Some people on here have however jacked in the UK and moved abroad, a lot around the Alps, and seem to be enjoying it all, so why not if there's not much holding you back here.

grumm
    Free Member

Bloody emigrants, going over there and stealing their jobs etc 😛

Lardy_biker
    Free Member

Langy – not to bad as it goes, just need to learn the language i suppose.

Would be an interesting situation though, given the hostility of some towards immigrants.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

My job needs fluent idiomatic language skills so on those grounds I am out. Otherwise a year of two in Italy would not go amiss

langy
    Free Member

I guess the question is then, which language and where would you go?

I've lived in the mountains and its amazing, but does have very seasonal work due to its nature; not sure if it'd be any better therefore.

Wouldn't see much point in moving from say London to Paris or Berlin as too similar lifestyle wise – if it were me, I'd want the job and a preferable lifestyle if going to that much effort.

Ho-hum…

Lardy_biker
    Free Member

ahem. Have a flat in Nice already so looking that way…

GrahamS

Mass migration to Poland to do plumbing jobs?

Interesting how peoples attitude to movement within the EU changes when the boot is on the other foot eh?

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

GrahamS

There's a blast from the past.

That pic should probably be rolled out whenever people talk about "them coming over here and taking our jobs". 😀

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘If the pound sinks any lower………….’ is closed to new replies.