Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 90 total)
  • If the Nazis hadn't been defeated in WW2 what would life be like now?
  • SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Just been reading a thread on another forum that I visit, which asked this very question. Wondered what STW thinks the outcome would have been.

iDave
    Free Member

Better rail system

boxfish
    Free Member

The would be a lot more pencil moustaches during Movember.

Raindog
    Free Member
    brakes
    Free Member

Just been reading a thread on another forum that I visit

SSTW.com?

cranberry
    Free Member

The Germans wouldn’t be allowing the people of Europe a vote on their fut…

Hang on a minute!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Margaret Thatcher would still be Prime Minister.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

We would unquestionably make heroes of every single person that serves in the armed forces.

trailmonkey

Margaret Thatcher would still be Prime Minister.

she still is isn’t she ?

have we had non thatcherite govt. since 1979?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Several regular posters on here would have been lined up against a wall.
    Heated wing mirrors would be illegal.
    The only Bombers doing any pwning would be Heinkels.
    We wouldn’t have as much choice of beer.

john_drummer
    Free Member

Henkels? or Heinkels?

aha, I see your crafty edit 😉

trailmonkey

hehe, the grammar nazi gets pwned 😆

Mugboo

We certainly wouldn’t have had that Dale Farm fiasco..

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

LOLz.

(not at mugboo)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Trailmonkey, I have no idea what you are talking about! 😉

john_drummer
    Free Member

anyway, all academic. As soon as they invaded the USSR it was only a matter of time…

trailmonkey

Trailmonkey, I have no idea what you are talking about!

i know of another one of yours that you didn’t edit but i won’t dredge it up because you gave us that nom nom gazelle gif last week and for that your karma is in credit 8)

valleydaddy
    Free Member

my old school friend has just had his book made into a film about such subject

here

bloodynora
    Free Member

What would’ve happened to the Republic of Ireland? Didn’t their Prime Minister sign a book of condolence to a certain Mr Hitler hmmm

br
    Free Member

Nobody would queue, except in the Bakers on a Sunday morning.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Heil O’Hitler.

Kbrembo
    Free Member

Loads of Nicolai 5’s on the trails…..

trailmonkey

i’m glad that your mate has found some success valleydaddy but from an historical point of view, the failure of d-day would not have resulted in a nazi invasion of gb.

i’m suprised that anyone has given the idea any credence whatsoever beyond an interesting plot for a fantasy drama.

yossarian
    Free Member

We’d all be speaking Russian

baldSpot
    Free Member

The UK and Ireland would be “Judenrein”.
    We would be speaking German.
    The Church of England is gone.
    Berlin would be the political/cultural centre of our world.
    There would be Tax Incentives (and land grabs) to move to Siberia.
    We would be trying to make peace with USA after the 3rd World War.
    If our babies weren’t blond and blue eyed, we could terminate the pregnancy.
    If our babies were disabled, they would be killed.
    There would be a Slave culture, with Poles being of more worth then Belorussians, etc.

I could go on but none of it is good 🙁

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Ireland would be borked. I don’t think the Nazis would like being called The Turd Reich.

ratswithwings
    Free Member

English is a german language anyways

bloodynora
    Free Member

Nice straight bat deadlydarcy but no denial

trailmonkey

Heil O’Hitler.

*sniggers*

i saw something on tv the other week showing navigational aids marked into the west coast of ireland that were placed by the irish to help allied aircrat during the battle of the atlantic.

propaganda on both sides of the irish sea might have favoured the suggestion of irish/german collusion but hard evidence suggests otherwise.

*edit, just remebered that the tv program was the irish episode of coast and it’s probably on iplayer if anyone would like to see*

PJM1974
    Free Member

Good job the Nazis didn’t win World War II, otherwise we’d have a bunch of right wing complete bastards in charge.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

.(not worth bothering edit).

Scamper
    Free Member

Who would send us off to invade countries at a whim. Oh, hold on…

grantway
    Free Member

I asked the same question to myself some 16 years back after walking through the Gas chambers of Auschwitz and then a 40 min trip onto birkenau camp.
    Well you would say good bye to the coloured community and asians, gypsies and disabled people
    and everyone else unless you was White, Blonde and Blue eyed.

Then after that god knows.

baldSpot
    Free Member

bloodynora – my enemies enemy is my friend 😉

same as the USA did in Afghanistan with the Mujahedin…

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

At what stage exactly was Godwins Law invoked in this thread?

chrisjnr
    Free Member

Bloody excellent novel on just this… “The Man in the High Castle” by Philip K. Dick , written in the 60’s, found in the local 2nd hand bookstore by accident while looking for another book.

Just finished reading it, and as far as thought provoking Monday morning reads go, this is up there.

molgrips
    Free Member

Would it not have been much like say, the Baltic states after Soviet annexation? Moscow was certainly not the cultural centre of their world. That’s why they were the first to split, they felt themselves occupied countries the entire time and very much kept their own identity and language. Russian was an official language though, everyone seemed to speak it and a lot of Russians migrated there – you had free movement within the USSR I think.

In any case we wouldn’t have been occupied for all this time. The regime was led by a complete nutter who was able to surf a wave of populism. Either 1) the public would have got fed up and withdrawn support, 2) the public (and occupied countries) would have split and taken the war to a civil front, 3) Hitler would eventually have been assasinated or simply died and then all his ideas would have evaporated.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Stop bringing some Egyptian river into it bloodynora.

Here’s another little nugget to stick in your pipe…

Any German pilots who crash landed/parachuted into Ireland were interned till the end of the war. RAF pilots were quietly and safely shipped home. tm, that was an episode of Coast. It’s information that has only recently come to light.

The RoI could not have been anything other than neutral. If you knew your history bloody, you’d realise why this was, both politically and economically. In public, it was neutral. In private, it knew very well which side its bread was buttered on.

julianwilson
    Free Member

The end of ‘making history’ by Stephen Fry?

Or the ‘utopia’s in Margaret Atwood’s ‘Handmaiden’s Tale’ and ‘Oryx & Crake’?

As a mental health nurse I would either be out of a job, or rounding up ‘funny’ people for concentration camps or worse 🙁

PJM1974
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L30VL4IFzkw[/video]

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘If the Nazis hadn't been defeated in WW2 what would life be like now?’ is closed to new replies.