• This topic has 38 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by xcgb.
Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • If the boss asked you
  • xcgb
    Free Member

To phone a national courier company that hadn’t yet delivered an overdue parcel and “throw a few F***s in”

would you?

sucklingmatt
    Free Member

yes

ourmaninthenorth

No. I’d ask them very politiely, but firmly what the prblem was, and not get off the phone until I’d established what the problem was.

But, then, I’m a grown up.

LMT
    Free Member

If its a reasonable request then why not!

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

So, he’s asking you to prostitute yourself in the hope that the courier company may deliver a parcel?

DezB
    Free Member

F***s are saved for the colleagues.

takisawa2

No. And He/She would go down in my respect quota.

Cougar

No, because I’ve worked in support and know that that’s a fast-track to really bad service.

rocketman
    Free Member

Abuse gets you nowhere and in any case the management come to me with humble requests 🙂

xcgb
    Free Member

I have been firm and complaining but i think asking me to swear at some poor sap that isn’t at fault is a bit much

Cougar

Actually, I think I might do it in a joking way, “I’m calling to chase this. Yeah, I know these things happen. My boss isn’t happy, he told me to throw a few F’s your way, so if you can chase it up for me it’ll get the miserable sod off my bit for a back. Ta.”

xcgb
    Free Member

Actually, I think I might do it in a joking way, “I’m calling to chase this. Yeah, I know these things happen. My boss isn’t happy, he told me to throw a few F’s your way, so if you can chase it up for me it’ll get the miserable sod off my bit for a back. Ta

yes used this method before

If I was on the other end of the phone can’t think i would be too helpful if i was being abused

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Was he serious?

If so he is a complete c@ck any many levels.

He should know being a manager and all that you dont get results from people by just abusing them.

xcgb
    Free Member

Was he serious?

Yup

He is the MD and is not known for managerial skills!

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes why not paid for swearing at someone on a phone whats not to like about that request?

uplink
    Free Member

No chance

As a supplier I wouldn’t put up with a customer talking to me like that so I certainly wouldn’t subject someone else to it

DezB
    Free Member

Cougar’s doing it for you? Ya big chicken.

xcgb
    Free Member

yes why not paid for swearing at someone on a phone whats not to like about that request?

It has crossed my mind to pretend to phone and totally lose it becoming a total mr sweary

I’m sure he’d laugh……

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

How much business do you do with the courier? If its small ie not in the 10’s thousands I reckon you would likely to go to the bottom of the pile of stuff to sort and might not even bother doing business with you again.

xcgb
    Free Member

How much business do you do with the courier? If its small ie not in the 10’s thousands I reckon you would likely to go to the bottom of the pile of stuff to sort and might not even bother doing business with you again.

We do do about 12k with them but thats not the point surely

zokes
    Free Member

No, because I’ve worked in support and know that that’s a fast-track to really bad service.

OT, but this seemed to work for me dealing with Three. 2 1/2 months of being told ‘your sim card will work in 48 hours’ and ‘noone can deal with that until 9am tomorrow, sorry’ culminated in a tirade that would have made a merchant seaman blush. Despite it taking both 48h, and not being able to happen until 9am tomorrow, I had a working phone half an hour after that rather one-sided conversation.

I only hope the poor sod who copped it on the phone passed it on to who it was meant for, but then as he wouldn’t put me through to his manager, I think he deserved it…

wheelz
    Free Member

It’s a phrase that was used often in the military, meaning get something sorted. It wasn’t meant to be taken literally.

xcgb
    Free Member

It’s a phrase that was used often in the military, meaning get something sorted. It wasn’t meant to be taken literally.

Well he does! (My MD)

soobalias
    Free Member

but instead of sorting it you are posting on here!

xcgb
    Free Member

Lol
    Nah I have tried but they need to get the manager to call back!

El-bent
    Free Member

He should know being a manager and all that you dont get results from people by just abusing them.

Tell me of the mystical place where this doesn’t happen, it’s certainly not Britain.

xcgb
    Free Member

Sib
    Has she got a beard? my boss has, kinda spoils the mood

vario_99
    Free Member

I would have to say no, and saying such things would likely have the Police knocking on the door and wanting to have a chat with said person for malicious communications act Sect 2. Under arrest, under caution and on tape.

I only know as i had to deal with this nugget of legislation recently

xcgb
    Free Member

SIB
    Cheers that sounds lovely

Cougar

I only hope the poor sod who copped it on the phone passed it on to who it was meant for, but then as he wouldn’t put me through to his manager, I think he deserved it…

I think perhaps it’s a different rule for scriptmonkeys.

SiB
    Free Member

I know, women with hairy backs are the best!

iDave
    Free Member

Tell me of the mystical place where this doesn’t happen, it’s certainly not Britain.

Are you ex-military by any chance?

uplink
    Free Member

doesn’t happen in my world either

Northwind

It depends. Do the f***s have to replace some of the c***s? Because if so he can f*** right off, the c***.

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

If that was my boss, I’d dig a trench through his front garden and install a cable, just for the hell of it…

konabunny
    Free Member

surely the correct response would have been “sure, I’ll get right on the F!ing phone to the F!ers right now and see what the F! is their F!ing problem”?

billybob
    Free Member

Do you work in the same place as me?!

xcgb
    Free Member

Do you work in the same place as me?!

Don’t think we are unique in this somehow!

xcgb
    Free Member

If that was my boss, I’d dig a trench through his front garden and install a cable, just for the hell of it…

😆

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘If the boss asked you’ is closed to new replies.