Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • If Stevie Smith wins tomorrow on 650b (or even Mitch on a 29er!)….
  • D0NK

If 29 proved to be quickest on WC DH tracks, why is that relevant to the riding most of us normally do?

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marketing]bit of reading for you[/url]

It’s almost like the wheel size doesn’t really matter

yeah funny that eh?

jmatlock
    Free Member

Its going to be a really interesting race, 29ers and an SB66 in a full DH race.

My money is on Minnar to win but I would love to see a proper upset.

pussywillow
    Free Member

Roll better yes, but in my experience being able to pump, skip and maneuver the bike is more important when it gets rough and a smaller wheel is better for this.

This says it all, end of thread. 8)

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Manoeuvre, is the correct british spelling

Duffer
    Free Member

[Quote]It’s almost like the wheel size doesn’t really matter [/quote]

Burn the heretic.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

SPOILER—did that sort out the 29 in DH then?

rOcKeTdOg

Sam Hill fell off riding a 26″ on that course so proves nowt

mikewsmith
    Free Member

🙂
    Fair enough, I am a little disappointed that Mich didn’t win as I’d be able to pick up a V10 super cheap which is by far the better DH bike. Still Greg was a worthy winner and in good style will celebrate by not remembering how he celebrated. Great racing tight till the end, magic run from Graves and Sick Mick so close but should be good for Cairns in the next couple of years (world cup 2014/world champs 2015) shame it should have been Hobart.

Superficial
    Free Member

Results of the great Pietermaritzburg wheel-size experiment just confirms what we already knew: Big wheels are a cynical marketing move that no one asked for and are slower on even the most pedalsome DH track. #26inchrules

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Slower they looked dangerous, though they did have a lot of grip all the way out the track….

wrecker
    Free Member

Loool
    Graves 3rd on a 26″ yeti sb66!!!!!!!
    So much for the gnarly course!!!!!
    😆

How did gwinn do on his 29er “bestest bike evar”?? 😆

Superficial
    Free Member

How did gwinn do on his 29er “bestest bike evar”??

I’m pretty sure Gwin was on 650b. Anyway, he apparently crashed and rolled in about a minute late. Not having a good season.

wrecker
    Free Member

I didn’t think the big S were doing 650b?

rOcKeTdOg

Gwin lost it on the first corner, even a fatbike would have made that

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

LULZZZ 26ers are dead eh!

geetee1972
    Free Member

Gwin lost it on the first corner, even a fatbike would have made that

Interesting as it seems that’s what also happened to Stevie Smith and Mitch Ropelato.

I guess we will all have to wait a little while yet before having our heads explode because something other than 26″ wheels won a DH event.

Jarred Graves coming third though is a momentous achievement and only partly because of the bike he did it on. It’s not like he’s raced competitive Pro level DH recently (I know he’s very competitive in the World Enduro Series).

Personally, I would have really liked to see Mick take the win. I think Greg is a fantastic sportsman and athlete and a great ambassador for our sport (and not just because we share a name) but having someone other than the obvious favourite take the win would have been pretty cool, especially someone as left field as Mick.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Jarred Graves coming third though is a momentous achievement and only partly because of the bike he did it on. It’s not like he’s raced competitive Pro level DH recently (I know he’s very competitive in the World Enduro Series).

Australian Nationals Results
    1 Mick Hannah 2:21.26
    2 Jared Graves 2:23.09 1.83
    3 Samuel Hill 2:23.48 2.22
    4 Chris Kovarik 2:23.67 2.41
    5 Troy Brosnan 2:23.73 2.47

2ns in the australian Nationals earlier this year, the result was not unexpected…

It’s almost like the wheel size doesn’t really matter

Wheel size, or more specifically, what size wheels other people have got on their mountain bikes, is the most important thing in cycling, ever. Apparently.

Pigface
    Free Member

Wheel size, or more specifically, what size wheels other people have got on their mountain bikes, is the most important thing in cycling, ever. Apparently

Keeps me awake at night

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘If Stevie Smith wins tomorrow on 650b (or even Mitch on a 29er!)….’ is closed to new replies.