Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • If someone spat in your face how would you react?
  • alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

If someone spat in your face how would you react?

Punch, kick or spit back?

funkmasterp

Depends how close they were. Kick, punch or headbutt in order of furthest away to nearest. Unless it was a child, then I’d simply explain that it’s unacceptable. If it was a woman I’d probably just call her a dirty **** tramp.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Is that the only options? No idea though, never been in that situation, stab them maybe, or send the boys round 🙂

ton

angrily.

jekkyl

cannot say, depends on the situation. Likely nothing at the time and phone the police. It’s assualt isn’t it? what if they had a transferable condition. witnesses?

jimdubleyou

Are we saying a full on, hock-a-greenie spit or just somebody with a lisp?

growinglad
    Free Member

I’d say “Thank you madam”.

Pay the bill and book an appointment for next week.

Surely I’m not alone?

😉

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I have no idea. If it ever happens I shall post it up.

cranberry
    Free Member

a woman I’d probably just call her a dirty **** tramp.

Sexist.

devash
    Free Member

Depends on the situation;

Random attack in the street? Size up the perpetrator and either smack them or run.

Kinky sex game? Say something like “Oh mistress, I deserved that. Let me lick your boots.”

8)

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Swift kick in the cobblers.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

One time I was walking on a university campus in Costa Rica after dark and some guy tried to steal my watch with the threat of a knife… I just spat in his face and calmly walked away. Seemed to do the job, because I kept that watch for the best part of a year after, until I lost it diving off Panama.

Never saw the knife, so I assume he was bluffing.

tazzymtb

I’d rub their face off on the pavement down to bone. I dont do so well with bad manners

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Seems a very strange question, i’ve been here for the best part of 50 years and it’s not happened yet but I guess I’d probably open with

“What the **** did you do that for?”

and escalate / deescalate from there.

DezB
    Free Member

If I didn’t know, I might ask “What was that for?”

DezB
    Free Member

So, how did they react, alexandersupertramp?

Drac

Normally I’ve just walked away and let them be.

Northwind

Total amazement and confusion probably.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

When it happened to me at work a few years back I managed to resist the urge to throttle the person who’d done it. Not sure I would have done the same had I not been at work!

jon1973
    Free Member

funkmasterp

Was this a serious question?

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

Colleague had an argument with his wife, she spat in his face and he reacted angrily and called her a few less than pleasant names.

She has scratched his neck as she reacted badly to the name calling and texted him today to say he provoked her and he should know better.

I feel a bit of **** for making a joke about his neck as he shrugged and said it happens regularly. Maybe early menopause he thinks.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Nice, a wife that spits.
    Every home should have one!

Gary_M
    Free Member

Wow, they sound nice.

stumpy01

One shouldn’t make light of these situations, but is her name Louise?

In all seriousness, she sounds like she has a few issues.

alexandersupertramp – Member

….she spat in his face and he reacted angrily and called her a few less than pleasant names.

She has scratched his neck as she reacted badly to the name calling and texted him today to say he provoked her and he should know better.

Erm…….I’ no expert, but ‘he provoked & should know better’ sounds like this isn’t a one off. I would say there are issues that need addressing.

Ideally, my advice would be to RUN AWAY RUN AWAY…….but life’s rarely that simple.

allthegear
    Free Member

Take pictures and scrape it into something clean. Take to police. Spitting counts as assault.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

That’s physical abuse. He may well be an utter cock, but that is over the line. She knows it – hence her blaming him by text.

As usual however we are getting only one side here…

DezB
    Free Member

Ooh, she’s a fiery one! 😉

chewkw
    Free Member

alexandersupertramp – Member
    If someone spat in your face how would you react?

Stranger with sound mind deck that person with upper cut or hook if you can.

Colleague had an argument with his wife, she spat in his face and he reacted angrily and called her a few less than pleasant names.

Is the wife so calm down no need to do anything … he can always get his back later on … 😆

yunki
    Free Member

That sounds like a relationship that is heading for peak toxicity..

He should sack it off.. No two people who bring out that level of anger in one another have any right to stay involved with each other… what is their association achieving?

Idiots the pair of them

teethgrinder

She sounds like a ****. Should the opportunity arise, I’d suggest not spitting next time he thumbs it in.

plyphon
    Free Member

Alright there goes the coffee over the keyboard

P-Jay
    Free Member

It’s happened once, I gave a punch in return, as hard as I could (not very) and offered a second if they wanted it. It was a Man, I don’t think I could punch a Woman.

I punched someone for prodding me in the chest once too, Police called, interviews taken, no further action self-defence which was handy as I was bricking it. This was no midnight brawl in the pub either ,midday in a office I was temping in. I was only 19 I think, big fat old **** didn’t like the way I did something, despite a lack of direction of what they wanted, I said cheerio at 5pm, but FOT wanted all this filing completed and moved, I’d spent all day on it and had done maybe 30%, said I wasn’t allowed to go until it was all done, should be glad of the ‘job’ and that he’s made a deal with the temp agency that I’d stay until it was done, but for no extra money – “no thanks” so he decided to corner me and prod me in the chest to make his point, I’m sure someone who worked for him laughed when I hit him, it was another useless punch, but I made my point. 20 years ago now, by the state of him back then he’s probably dead now.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Handcuffs and a spithood. Maybe some pava, but only if required.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Is the correct answer, give them a “Chinese burn”? 😉

km79
    Free Member

Violently. Only ever happened once when I was in school, some wee ned prick spat right in my face for no reason and started laughing. I leathered him and being twice his size hurt him pretty bad. Got arrested and suspended.

lucky7500

Be slightly perplexed but otherwise carry on with my day.

fatoldgit

Happened to me leaving work a few years ago ….

Laughed in the guys face,

Seemed to upset him no end that I didn’t react with violence….

And no it was a picket or strike I’d broken

Just a rent a rabble moment

edlong
    Free Member

texted him today to say he provoked her and he should know better.

Sorry to go all serious, but I wonder if your colleague might need a bit more support – that reads to me like a textbook ongoing domestic abuse / violence situation – attacks partner, then blames partner for provoking… tell me he didn’t reply by apologising for causing the trouble..

I know domestic violence is more commonly seen as wife-beating men, but it isn’t always. Still, I’m sure this was just a one-off.

he shrugged and said it happens regularly

Ah.

tjagain

In the situation you describe I would simply walk away. Possibly a report to the police. I would never speak to her again.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘If someone spat in your face how would you react?’ is closed to new replies.