• This topic has 133 replies, 71 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by mrmo.
Viewing 14 posts - 121 through 134 (of 134 total)
  • If not the UK, where ?
  • BigDummy
    Free Member

I am so fed up of the way Britain is going that I’m moving to Mississippi. 🙂

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

I just don’t buy it captain, the burden on the country is massive. The nhs, school’s, housing, transport, benefits, the list is endless. It’s ridiculous. Thanks for helping towards that burden though 😉
    Sort immigration and the banks out and we’d have a wonderful country again.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Sort immigration and the banks out and we’d have a wonderful country again.

and you would have no nurses, docs and more…

I just don’t buy it captain, the burden on the country is massive. The nhs, school’s, housing, transport, benefits, the list is endless.

All the evidence says otherwise, just remember that (A) the UK allows in more non EU Immigrants through it’s controlled routes than from the EU
    (B) Unemployment is very low
    (C) Most of the immigrants pay taxes, those taxes fund things like schools etc

So any useful government could use all of that and work out that it should build all of those things…

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

I just don’t buy it captain, the burden on the country is massive. The nhs, school’s, housing, transport, benefits, the list is endless. It’s ridiculous. Thanks for helping towards that burden though

Fine, there’s nothing that can be done to convince you. The other side is the positive contribution that immigrants make, the doctors, the nurses, the other highly qualified and skilled people that come here.
    The reality is very different from what you choose to see, which is sad.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I struggle with long sentences…. maar…

The Netherlands is suiting me pretty well, though the MTB is not very exciting.

molgrips
    Free Member

the burden on the country is massive. The nhs, school’s, housing, transport, benefits, the list is endless.

Not really. Immigrants in work pay taxes and grow the economy, so they contribute to the economy rather than place a burden on it.

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

Early doors I said that Canada and Australia had a sensible immigration policy, I’m in no way against that for this country. It’s the way it should be.
    Nor am I unaware of the positive contribution that immigration has had I live in Leicester ffs! (Vaz excluded obvs).
    A sensible immigration system is the way forward not an open door.

jambalaya
    Free Member

The UK busy in the SE due to long standing government policy to centralise stuff, moves like sending the BBC to Manchester help but a lot more is needed.

DVLA
    HMRC
    National Schools Hospitals benefot from excess tax take of SE vs spending

Yes the UK does need to work out how to encourage private business out of the SE. By moving Govt departments they have made the impact of cuts worse in the regions.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Yes the UK does need to work out how to encourage private business out of the SE. By moving Govt departments they have made the impact of cuts worse in the regions.

If only someone could devise a plan for moving people by carriages on the railways from the south to north. It might even increase the northern economy to a size where it could be considered to be a powerhouse.
    If only.

DrJ

If I could speak the language or was in a job that was not language dependent I would move to the Netherlands or possibly France

I’ve lived in a few countries and I’d prefer any of them to the UK. Except for the Netherlands. Ghastly place.

outofbreath
    Free Member

“Is this true ? My experience of working in Germany and Sweden is that the people are, in general, much more reasonable. My experience of working in Italy is that they’re less so (but very entertaining and welcoming).”

I think so.

From your examples I’ve worked in Italy and Germany and found both to be fine.

silverpigeon
    Free Member

How about the Isle of Man. It!s not part of the UK, has low tax, low crime, lots of countryside and superb mountain biking. Housing is affordable and even the weather is not a bad as everybody thinks

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

@DrJ – elaborate?

mrmo
    Free Member

What lie is this TJ? Is freedom of movement within the EU a myth then? Tight immigration control, don’t make me laugh.

bought the brussels is bad crap. Immigration even from the EU is controlled to varying levels. If you don’t have a job you have no right to remain however rather than blame westminster for how the laws are implimented it is easier to blame “them”

Viewing 14 posts - 121 through 134 (of 134 total)

The topic ‘If not the UK, where ?’ is closed to new replies.