Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • If its not under warrenty should i have got my broken brake back ???
  • Hal
    Free Member

I bought a pair of Avid Elixir 5 brakes from my LBS, the second day out with them I wiped out on a steep technical single-track and the back brake lever got a smack, the lever was ok but where the lever entered the housing was split, The brake still worked but the lever was a bit stiff, the guy from my LBS who was out with us said “take it back to the shop and I will try and get it on warranty for you” But I knew that it would not be a warranty issue as it was my fault for wiping out. To cut a long story short, the manufacturer said no it was not a warranty issue, which I knew it wouldn’t, so I had to buy another back brake from my LBS, the broken brake with good calliper, pads and the pipe work belongs to me so the question is, Should I have got them back as the warranty was not an issue? I paid for them and the replacement so I think the manufactures should send them back for me to use as spares, the LBS owner said they cant get them back.

13thfloormonk

EH??!!

Ownership of the product does not transfer the minute you break it, are they having a laugh?

I'd get a refund on the new one you bought until they give you your old one back. With any luck they're trying to cover for having lost it and you could maybe score a new one after all.

thomthumb
    Free Member

it's yours – in fact they should return the broken bits too.

njee20
    Free Member

Yep, they don't own it in any way, you may have to pay shipping to get it back, but it's yours. 100%

BlingBling
    Free Member

Get it back ffs! It's yours!

atlaz
    Free Member

I went to an LBS and they lost a rotor and some screws. They couldn't find them nor any "evidence" I'd given them to them in the first place (you know, other than the fact I gave them a new brakeset and a bike with an existing brakeset). I don't shop there any more.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘If its not under warrenty should i have got my broken brake back ???’ is closed to new replies.