Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • If it aint broke..get it resprayed – the rebuild.
  • KevinPP
    Free Member

I love it. Some of you will hate it, but I don't care. 🙂

Thought I'd take some pics now before I get it all dirty tomorrow.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

like. Very nice

mrben100
    Free Member

Looks good………although I think you should know you've got a bit of wood stuck to it!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nonk
    Free Member

like it.looks better than standard finish by miles.

the_lecht_rocks

camp. and even more camp with the grips.
    sorry.

mtbmaff
    Free Member

Good colour choice, great forks and a very nice garden!

djglover
    Free Member

you spelt marin wrong

myheadsashed

mr ben that's not a piece of wood it is the legendary ugly stick…………. 🙄

takisawa2

If your in the UK then you obviously have your own micro-climate…my garden looks post nuclear hollacaust compared to yours.
    Like the bike also.

takisawa2

If your in the UK then you obviously have your own micro-climate…my garden looks post nuclear hollacaust compared to yours.
    Like the bike also.

Edit: Just noticed your occupation. 🙂

steve_b77
    Free Member

Looks pretty 😕

hitman
    Free Member

I like it ! Thinking of getting an old frame re-sprayed – where did you get yours done, and how much, if you don't mind me asking 🙂

juiced
    Free Member

looks lovely.

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

I'd want to be confident in my own ability to shred some serious gnar before I rode off on something looking like that. It looks nice, just somewhat girly…

KevinPP
    Free Member

A local company powder coated it. Cost me £40 but then another £10 to get the powder coat out and BB threads re cut and faced… If I had checked my BB when I took it out I would have actually left it in – the bearings had all siezed.
    Made the decals myself (frame and fork). Cost me about a fiver. They are water slide decals which are then lacquered over. Quite pleased how they turned out.

And I quite like 'pretty'. Better than tatty. 😉

hitman
    Free Member

Cheers Kevin
    one thing I wonder about when considering getting an old frame re-sprayed is if anyone gets the frame checked for structural defects before hand? I ask because I used my old frame for 8/9 years and didn't hold back 🙂 Other than visually checking for cracks, is there a fail safe way of ensuring the frame is ok to use??

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

pretty

hora
    Free Member

Its abit marmite but then you dont want something that looks similar to current Marin etc.

oldgrump08
    Free Member

Looks good.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘If it aint broke..get it resprayed – the rebuild.’ is closed to new replies.