Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • If I'd broken a bone in my hand would I KNOW about it?
  • wwaswas

Visit GP and see what they say? You can’t just ask for an x-ray on the offchance and it’s not an emergency so A&E is out.

duckman

My rugby club physio failed to spot I had broken a couple of wee bones in my hand for about three weeks.Get to the Hospital.

pixelmix
    Free Member

Think we’ve covered the full spectrum in 3 answers there!

I figured there is little point in going to the GP as they won’t be able to tell if any of the bones are broken.

Currently veering back towards MTFU, but wary of causing long term damage if I have broken a small bone in my palm.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wwaswas

you need to go to gp to get a referral to fracture clinic, not a diagnosis – you shoudln’t just present yourself at A&E with a 3 week old injury.

pixelmix
    Free Member

You can tell I’m a bit naive about the whole Doctor / A&E thing as I rarely need to visit either.

I agree that A&E for a 3 week old injury isn’t ideal.

Think I’ll MTFU for a few more days and call my GP if things don’t improve soon.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

After 2.5 weeks and no improvement – get your self along to your GP or the minor injuries unit at the western might be best. Nurse led but thay can x ray and check for gross isssues. fracture sounds possible to me.

pixelmix
    Free Member

Thanks TJ – I wasn’t aware of that, and it sounds like the best option if I’m to get it checked out.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Thread resurrection after 10 months.

My hand is fine FWIW.

I didn’t bother A&E I MnedTFU.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘If I'd broken a bone in my hand would I KNOW about it?’ is closed to new replies.