• This topic has 47 replies, 33 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by jruk.
Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • if i wanted to build a pretty lightweight steel hardtail, would a soul be the ?
  • catvet
    Free Member

Got a soul for sale 16″ frame in kawasaki green powder coat. frame weight is 4.2 lbs
    complete with hope seat QR seat collar, generic post.
    £140 plus post packaging transactionfees
    phwill77 at gmail dot com

catvet
    Free Member

Soul weight
    My 17.5 inch Cotic frame with 9 speed 120 mm fox forks, flight saddle 710 carbon bars thompson stem, on stans crests goldtec hubs( lighter than hopes) with tubeless 2.25 tyres front and back clipped xt pedals is 23.6 lbs. on documented Medical scales.
    most parts bought 2nd hand off here !!!!

paulo6624
    Free Member

Wow catvet that is a light soul.

fatgit
    Free Member

Hi
    Latest Soul here in large.
    2×10 SRAM, Float 140, King wheels with Olympic rims, tubeless but big tyres and a Reverb=26lbs
    Cheers
    Steve

JamesD
    Free Member

My Solaris is ~23lb.

Making most bikes light is do-able, just depends on your budget.

shortcut

MTB Rob of these parts put a nice one up for sale yesterday.

In the classifieds on here.

chiefgrooveguru

My 26.5lbs Soul would be a 25.5lbs bike without the pedals. Without a dropper post (-200g), bash (-100g) with skinnier rims (-300g) and smaller tyres (-400g) it would get down to under 24lbs without any serious bling. Wouldn’t be as much fun for me though!

jruk
    Free Member

Buy a Soul if you want one – they’re ace. I’m 95kg in my kit so a pound or two on the bike will make sod all difference.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘if i wanted to build a pretty lightweight steel hardtail, would a soul be the ?’ is closed to new replies.