Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • If I use Wiggle, am I a scab ?
  • trailmonkey

Just seen on the Wiggle homepage that they are using a courier firm to process orders whilst the Posties' strike is on. I couldn't seriously expect to claim to support the strike and use a service that undermines it could I ?

Drac

Depends how desperate you are for shiny new parts.

slugwash
    Free Member

mtbfix

They are doing what we will all be doing. As much as my instincts are to support workers fighting for their rights, my customers just want the stuff that they have ordered and so UPSing it all out will avoid a layer of hassle we can all do without.

Midnighthour
    Free Member

Rather a difficult position for Wiggle and similar, but I think I will hold back on any orders from companies that circumvent the post office. I wish to support the postal workers and I dont think strike breaking is very nice.

Swalsey
    Free Member

I think you can do it, no problem.

juan
    Free Member

will avoid a layer of hassle we can all do without.

You go to be kidding right. Did you get wiggle e-mail?
    You need to be at home other wise no shinny new part. Let's face it no courier can beat the RM.
    And to answer to the OP I know I personally wouldn't use wiggle until they switch back to RM.

tragically1969
    Free Member

You go to be kidding right. Did you get wiggle e-mail?

Did you read it ?

If you would like your order left in a secure location please specify in the 'Courier Notes' section on the 'Order Confirmation' stage at the checkout.

soobalias
    Free Member

show some solidarity – RM or no shiney bits.

That said if they get away with bringing in temps………….

juan
    Free Member

Do you really think the white van guys is going to bother with the notes?

FuzzyWuzzy

Certainly won't stop me using Wiggle

5thElefant
    Free Member

Who'd have thought companies would just use other firms eh? Not the union I guess.

Drac

Do you really think the white van guys is going to bother with the notes?

Why wouldn't they, the other week the delivery driver left a thank you note with the parcel for me adding delivery notes saying it makes things so much easier for us all.

epo-aholic
    Free Member

sorry but why should we support the posties??? causing havoc but thats alright isn't it??? give me a break! 😕

GaryLake
    Free Member

Sorry but I always get cards left by Royal Mail when I know I was in the whole time and the doorbell does work. This happens both at work and at home. Only explanation, given it happens so often, is that they just leave the parcel in the depot and have every intention of just popping a card in the door.

Perhaps unrealistic targets are forcing Posties to this kind of action perhaps? Leave any bulky parcels at the depot, can carry more mail and has a few less items to sign for…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

No. You are only scab if you cross a picket line. So unless picking up your bits involves crossing a picket line, you are not a scab.

In the same way that if ASLEF called a strike, driving/cycling/walking to work wouldn't make you a scab.

iDave
    Free Member

i might look for something to buy from wiggle, that i don't need, just to support business against the RM

Farmer_John
    Free Member

My last 4 orders with wiggle have all arrived the next day by courier and as I was out, were left with neighbours per the delivery notes.

My last 5+ orders with CRC have taken anything up to 10 days to be delivered by Royal Mail. A couple of them had "while you were out" cards posted through the letterbox of a neighbour who was away on holiday, one was taken back to the sorting office and so far, hasn't been found, and one was rammed through the letter box so hard that the protective packaging cracked.

As a customer, I would have to say that in future I'm much more likely to use Wiggle than CRC purely on the basis that CRC's delivery partner consistently let them down.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘If I use Wiggle, am I a scab ?’ is closed to new replies.