Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • If I can do a red in a.stiniog is that enough skill to join the megavalanche?
  • chakaping
    Free Member

Is the qualifying trail is the the same they use in the mega itself?

No, when I did it in 2013 it was shorter, more rugged up top (but less snowy) and then a very long bikeparky run down through the town and a bit below.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

No, quali is a completely different track.

It starts at the top of the Dome des Petit Rousses, which is the top of the big Vaujany lift. The Main race starts a the top of Pic Blanc.

BigDummy
    Free Member

could i travel thurs, qual on friday, race sat then do one?

Also, unless you usually ride this stuff I’d want at least a couple of days to get my mountain eyes in. I got the chills when I first got off the cable-car at Dome Des Rousses, and that was just for a practice run, after 3 days in the mountains. It is quite a big hill.

🙂

richardthird

I thought Hora was a roadie? Anyway, take both bikes and ride La Marmotte the week before 😀

mikewsmith
    Free Member

could i travel thurs, qual on friday, race sat then do one?

It’s more than a weekend gig.

Best tip is to come home Monday not Sunday. Shortest I would go for is probably arrive Tues night Wed/Thurs to get up to speed – 1 day Quali track and 1 day main. Even at that I’d feel fairly underprepared.

kimbers

Only the affinity 1 and 2 don’t have the techno and the heli the mega, challenger and amateur all do, so you’ve a good chance of getting the full experience

wolfenstein
    Free Member

Thanks kimbers, watched some affinity 1&2 in you tube.. I think i can push myself to be more competitive than that in a years time to just get into the amateurs.. Need some techno music start 😛

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘If I can do a red in a.stiniog is that enough skill to join the megavalanche?’ is closed to new replies.