Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • IF bikes – anyone got one?
  • Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Been checking out a number of Ti XC bikes recently – the usuals from Lynskey and Litespeed then found Independent Fabrication.

I have now fallen head over heels in love with their ti deluxe. Almost £2500 frame only though – yikes!!

If anyone has one, I officially worship you and the ground you walk on.

witty.name
    Free Member

I got a ti deluxe singlespeed,nearly 3 years old and still love it to bits.Ive never regretted spunkin up the money for it.Also got a steel geared deluxe and an ssr road bike.Currently saving for my fourth IF.

Houns

No, i want one, i know of people who have a nice collection of them

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Witty –

psychle
    Free Member

My Ti Delux… Not custom made for me and I didn't get it new or pay anything near £2500 though… bought off here for a very fair price due to it have a crack repaired (no fault of the frame or IF, the owner simply ran too much seatpost extended 🙁 ). It is a lovely frame nonetheless, superb welding and craftmenship 🙂

sheldona
    Free Member

I've got 2 but there's people out there with many more!
    Fantastic bikes built to a high quality by a bunch of nice guys in Sommerville and you get to go to Sideways cycles too 🙂

Houns
    Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

I had a planet cross, one of best bikes i've owned

TheSwede
    Free Member

My old one up there. How is it psychle? It turns out IF use a composite seat post insert now instead of a plastic one. This is the cause of the cracking. In time the plastic one wears and allows lateral post movement internally. Same thing happened to sofaking of here. Contact IF or Sideways and get the new composite inserts.

Talkemada
    Free Member

An IF is possibly the only über-niche ridiculously overpriced unnecessary bike frame I'd really, really like to have. I don't believe in conspicuous consumption or needless wasting of money (that I haven't got anyway), but **** me they are gorgeous. And available in a custom build, making them even more sexy. I'd make an exception…

Either an IF, or a Serotta Max-IT.

Yes, Kiddies; that's Titanium AND carbon ………….

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘IF bikes – anyone got one?’ is closed to new replies.