Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • If anyone's out and about in Glentress tomorrow…
  • legolam
    Free Member

…and you see a girl on a red and white Trek hardtail (with a slightly sticky front disc) mincing her way downhill, give me a wave!

radoggair
    Free Member

only if you wave back 🙂

legolam
    Free Member

I’ll think about it, but I might be too busy mincing 😮

P20

There’s a group of us heading up on Saturday if you fancy it

coogan
    Free Member

Be bit difficult to pick you out from all the other mincers there. What colour full facer and pressure suit will you be wearing?

legolam
    Free Member

P20 – thanks for the offer, but unfortunately it’s a flying visit en route to seeing my folks in Edinburgh. We should meet up sometime though, I’m getting sick of mincing around Newcastle by myself!

I’ll probably leave my pressure suit at home for this one ;-), and will instead be sporting a rather fetching red and white helmet that matches my bike 😀

druidh
    Free Member

There’s an off-chance I’ll be there in the afternoon. If so, I’ll likely be on a SC Blur and possibly wearing some yellow ninja-turtle style elbow and knee guards 🙂

P20

No worries. Enjoy. Will try and arrange something

bigG
    Free Member

Won’t be there tomorrow, and won’t be riding a hard tail, and I’m not a girl, but I will be mincing there next Tuesday. I’ll also be drinking coffee and eating cake in the hub cafe before it closes up.

Wave if you see me!

legolam
    Free Member

Druidh – I have no idea what an SC Blur is or what it looks like, but I’m liking the sound of the ninja turtle armour!

radoggair
    Free Member

oh, if i’m there i’ll be in a Dooleys Cycles top and shorts combo, mismatching cos my other matching shorts are broke.

On a specialized stumpjumper, looking rather xc and riding easy peasy cos i have a sore leg 🙁

legolam
    Free Member

Well, I had an ace time at GT! What an awesome place. Totally knackered now (I guess I’m not as fit as I thought I was!) but very happy. And Radoggair waved! Top day.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Can I ask what exactly is mincing? It’s a word that makes no sense to me used in the context above.

legolam
    Free Member

Mincing is when you go really slowly downhill, dragging your brakes, slowing everyone down and creating braking bumps. Generally being a big scaredy pants/big girl!

seosamh77
    Free Member

ahh, cool cheers, bugged me for ages that! 😀

druidh
    Free Member

seosamh77 – we’ll need to riding some day. I can demonstrate mincing for you.

legolam – I didn’t make it 🙁 Glad you enjoyed it though!

markyboy
    Free Member

i waved too.but you were to busy texting or facebooking or something with a phone….if it was you 😀

druidh
    Free Member

Probably reading the “Big Hitters” thread…. 😛

legolam
    Free Member

Markyboy – oh how embarrassing! It almost certainly was me. I was probably texting the person who suggested that I go to Glentress, telling them how much bloody effort that climb to Spooky Wood took!

radoggair
    Free Member

Hey legolam ( Hannah ), good speaking to you. Need to slow down you were flying today :).

Glad you enjoyed Glen T, so much more up there as well. If your up again soon let us know, there’s a group of us that ride there and you can join in.

EDIT: Must be time for another Forum ride there.

trekstar
    Free Member

Was going to head to GT tomorrow but decided to go somewhere more local. Might just hold out and go to GT for this ride out – http://www.trailscotland.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1437

seosamh77
    Free Member

druidh, we can maybe have a slow race, (ie slowest wins) i’m pretty damn good at them!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘If anyone's out and about in Glentress tomorrow…’ is closed to new replies.