Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • If any thing was over enginneered its… and what to do with it.
  • TheSwede
    Free Member

Chris king’s answer to the star flanged nut. It’s beautiful but it’s 70 grams of metal that I don’t need floating around in my steerer. So what do I do with it. All I can think of is make a star flanged nut installer or a kubotan keyring (pressure point weapon).Any ideas that don’t involve putting it in my ass?

jahwomble
    Free Member

If you don’t buy it, then you won’t have to do anything with it surely?

TheSwede
    Free Member

It comes with the headset. Duh.

singlespeedstu

How long is it?

mboy
    Free Member

It comes with the headset

What headset is that? A 1.5″ per chance? Never seen one of them before, and yes, slightly over engineered…

jahwomble
    Free Member

Ah, fair do’s 🙂

TheSwede
    Free Member

Yeah comes with 1.5 mark and it’s 130mm and 150mm long stu.

scaredypants

preload, fasten stem bolts and then remove that whole thing? (10g lighter than a SFN)

TheSwede
    Free Member

What keeps the top cap on scaredypants ?

scaredypants

why do you need a top? (forgot that – another 25g)

neilforrow

sell it to me? mail in profile…

TheSwede
    Free Member

scaredypants – Member

why do you need a top? (forgot that – another 25g)
    To preload the headset. What if the stem / headset worked loose out on the trail. No SFN or top cap. Doh.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Put it in your arse? Just a suggestion.

TheSwede
    Free Member

How much is it worth to you Neil ?

scaredypants

To preload the headset. What if the stem / headset worked loose out on the trail. No SFN or top cap. Doh.

Has your stem ever worked loose ?
    (Don’t get me wrong, I’ve never weighed a bike or component, I don’t fanny about removing top caps and I have hed doctors in my forks but I’ve never needed either whilst riding – I should think there’s a better argument for carrying spare brake hose than a top cap in terms of trailside repairs. Even if it did need preloading you could do a decent job just leaning on the stem to make it rideable again)

djglover
    Free Member

looks like anal beads.

samuri
    Free Member

It’s stupid. Just like Chris King headsets. Sorry but really, what do you get from a CK headset? I don’t get it. Unless you’re after coolness, in which case fine.

tazzymtb

make a zip gun to defend your gentlemans pot hole from chutney ferrets whilst night riding.

simonm
    Free Member

mmm, i’ve got one of those sat around as well.. came with my Headset.

I was thinking cocktail stirrer.

How much does a 1.5″ SFN weigh ? was that there thinking ?

ononeorange

Does it come with a crown race?

You could definitely make a Star Trek stun gun out of that. You may need some stick backed plastic though, and a handful of imagination.

Do I win?

TheSwede
    Free Member

Tazzys back. Hello bud. Recovered ? So two of you think ass, one thinks cocktail stirrer 😯 and tazzy thinks fire arm. Hhmm, methinks I’m dealing with some violent homosexuals here.

njee20
    Free Member

Quite a few weight weenies running no SFN/top cap, it works fine, although the stem does tend to come loose more often.

bigyinn
    Free Member

That reminds me, but tighten up my headset…..

ScottChegg
    Free Member

How would the stem come loose more often? What nonsense.

TheSwede
    Free Member

Three bolts are obviously going to provide more security than two but a dab of loctite seams to also do the job, but seriously, WTF difference is a top cap and sfn going to make to your race. And I do mean your race, not mine.

Rickos
    Free Member

A high quality sink plunger. Add some rubbery thing on the bottom and hey presto! No more gunged up sinks for you.

TheSwede
    Free Member

It has M6 and M5 female threads either end so multiple changeable heads is also an option. Bog brush one end, washing up brush or tooth brush the other. Dragons den here I come.

samuri
    Free Member

Give it to Terry-Thomas.

tazzymtb

Tazzys back. Hello bud. Recovered ?

hello mate, I’m getting sorted thanks. There will be sporadic visits to STW becoming more common (hopefully) unless my mind falls out again 😕

sheldona
    Free Member

Ffs Swede, you’ve bought a heavy bike to fit a 1.5headset to, just fit the **** thing and stop being gay

roadie_in_denial
    Free Member

Personally I think I’d be tempted to get the hacksaw out…and a file…and a drill and make a key-ring out of it if I REALLY didn’t want it.

scaredypants

I’ve got it !

Use it to set-up the headset, take it out and THEN stick it up yer arse. That way you will have it available if the stem loosens 8)

simonm
    Free Member

It would make a very trendy Clarinet.

MrKmkII
    Free Member

EDIT: must read OP

unovolo
    Free Member

Very similar methinks

LoveTubs
    Free Member

I can’t even deduce how the thing works…have to agree/comment that indeed, it looks like a sex toy !

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘If any thing was over enginneered its… and what to do with it.’ is closed to new replies.