Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • if a shock has been pushed will it require less pressure?
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

As title

z1ppy

No not IME, and either way you should be setup a shock by its sag measurement, not a measured pressure setting

rob-jackson
    Free Member

In the Spesh picth manual it gives specific shock pressures by weight though – surely they should be correct for shock and frame design?

i pumped mine up to the correct pressure last night and the best way of describing it was “taught” and not plush 🙁

joolsburger
    Free Member

I have a Pushed RP23 the pressures remain the same. The key benefits were around two things, the PP is now rock solid when it’s on so it’s like riding a hardtail and the shock is much more progressive evidenced by it not bottoming out all the time but still nice and supple. I was pleased with the TF tuning it delivered what I wanted.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

PUSHing has nothing to do with the spring – it’s damper tuning.

Spring rate is set by sag. Manufacturers never get it right. Are their reccomendations with pack, without pack? Vanity weight or actual weight?

There’s also an element of riding style and personal preference in there too. The “right” setup is the one that works best for you.

z1ppy

that’s a guide, but it’s not set in stone bible.. Rockshox guides were notoriously rubbish

See on loco’s site, he talks about sag measurements no mention of specific pressure (which TBF would be impossible)

bigyinn
    Free Member

Set your pressure by measuring the sag in riding gear. Ride the bike, how does it feel? Then add or remove pressure at 5psi intervals accordingly. Repeat until it feels how you like it.
    PUSH’ing is the damping side of things. It may be spot on for you, but if the pressure isn’t right to start with, it’ll ride like a bag of poo.

chakaping
    Free Member

Have you been compensating for poor damping by increasing your shock pressure?

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Have you been compensating for poor pressures by increasing your shock damping?

So. Many. Questions.

Northwind

As above, the change in damping tune might cause you to rethink the pressures, if you’re using extra pressure to prop up a shock that lacks compression damping frinstance.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Or using extra comp damping to prop up an under pressure shock.

If I pumped my forks up to the manufacturers recommendations they’d ride like a bag of shit.

Set your sag and ride the fooka!

chakaping
    Free Member

So. Many. Questions.

Can you ever have enough questions?

adsh
    Free Member

What question for push tuned shock riding

deanfbm
    Free Member

What are you trying to achieve exactly by setting things up “plush”?

You do know it wont make you any faster, right?

Northwind

It might do. People go as fast as they feel comfortable with, by and large, the max speed of the bike doesn’t matter for most.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Dean bit more comfort

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘if a shock has been pushed will it require less pressure?’ is closed to new replies.