Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • If a cement jig can get up there, then I'm cycling up there tomorrow !!!
  • fisha
    Free Member

Went for a walk in the horse's fields today playing with panoramas ( yes, the horsies get to play all day in fields like this … jammie beggars )

From time to time, I could hear and engine straining away. A look round the valley drew my eye across to the other side where I knew they had been doing some work for a buckshee hydro electric setup by one of the farmers.

I knew there was a track up there from google earth, but i had assumed it was pretty crap and never bothered. However, sticking on the long lens saw this:

then this.

so if those 2 things can get up there, then that's where I am going tomorrow. Its nice weather tomorrow, should be fun coming back down.

p.s. I'm well impressed how well the lens could pick the lorries out ( 70-200 f4 L )

iain1775
    Free Member

this is really just you showing off your fancy big zoom lens isnt it? 🙂

BigDummy
    Free Member

I am puzzled by this. If a track is passable by a big rotating lorry full of cement, why would it necessarily be goood biking? 🙂

Barney_McGrew
    Free Member

If my £1k+ lens couldn't pick out those trucks I'd bin it! 😀

fisha
    Free Member

I'm not necessarily expecting it to be technical, just a fun blast to race down at full pelt.

iain1775
    Free Member

appreciate you have the right to roam in scotland but you may find the track is now classed as part of a construction site, therefore subject to H&S and CDM regs and closed to you and your bike
    Agree with others too, dont think it will be much fun
    A fully loaded concrete wagon can weigh around 40tonnes, they are also not off road vehicles, and lose grip on the slightest loose incline (trust me over the last 15 years I have had to dumper enough concrete up windswept scottish hillsides due to wagons not making it) if they can get up there the track cant be that rough, or that steep really.

GrahamS

If my £1k+ lens couldn't pick out those trucks I'd bin it!

I'm pretty sure my crappy £80 70-300 would have got you closer – assuming you could hold it still at that range!

avdave2

If my £1k+ lens couldn't pick out those trucks I'd bin it!

For £1K+ I'd be bitterly disappointed if I couldn't read the number plates.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

lorry full of cement

Just for you, BD, it's not cement, it's concrete in there. There's a difference. 😛

That's like saying this –

is 'flour'
    (Cement being an ingredient in concrete)

Sorry, had to be done… ! 😀 😉

fisha
    Free Member

appreciate you have the right to roam in scotland but you may find the track is now classed as part of a construction site, therefore subject to H&S and CDM regs and closed to you and your bike

only one way to find out… back soon ! 🙂

toby1

the f4 is not a £1k lens 🙂

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

Either your camera or your lens are rubbish. The colour is completely shot to pot in the middle two pictures

😉

takisawa2

15:09.
    Still hours to go till tea.
    And some joker posts a pic of a big cake.
    Nice.

fisha
    Free Member

Well, i'm back. A couple of gates to jump over / go through, but other than that, it was basically a steep firetrack road to a small works to do with the hydroelectric whateveritisdoodah thing they area doing. Nice views though

Uploading a vid to youtube at the moment.

BigDummy
    Free Member

(Cement being an ingredient in concrete)

I have been pwned and shall suck your balls. 🙂

A fully loaded concrete wagon can weigh around 40tonnes,
    Those one's have got three axles. They'll be no more than 26t GVW.

fisha
    Free Member
    fisha
    Free Member

Militant Graham … orrp ?

ORRP. One Ten, Live It.

matt_outandabout

I like adventures like that….

huggis
    Free Member

furry boots is this then?

fisha
    Free Member

Brisbane Glen, the main glen to the back of Largs, Ayrshire.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘If a cement jig can get up there, then I'm cycling up there tomorrow !!!’ is closed to new replies.