• This topic has 21 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • IE user = low IQ?
  • B_Leach
    Free Member

Oh dear…

I can see one factor skewing the results being the tendency of technological luddites to use IE.
    Smart people hampered by their inability to use the technology effectively… we have plenty of single finger typists in our office!

Discuss…

aracer
    Free Member

The report has sparked anger from IE supporters, who have threatened AptiQuant with legal action.

😆 😆 😆 😆

aracer
    Free Member

It makes sense though, because you have to make an active choice to use something else, which implies a certain amount of technical knowledge.

donsimon
    Free Member
    tadeuszkrieger
    Free Member

I use Opera and I’m a ‘kin idiot.

B_Leach
    Free Member

aracer, my thoughts exactly. IE is just there, ready and waiting for its hapless victims.

Sorry to disappoint Don, Chrome all the way (though I did indeed fail at using the forum search function…)

AlexSimon

In that article, it says that an IQ in the 80s is…

That’s borderline deficient, marginally able to cope with the adult world

I guess I’ve just found out my IQ score

crazy-legs
    iDave
    Free Member

I’ve just installed Opera as I have some tricky business meetings to plough through later

AlexSimon

On a serious note, as a web designer, I really hope this gets in the press and makes it into the mainstream conciousness and people stop using IE.

It’s so incredibly bad that every single version 6,7,8 and 9 are all broken in different ways. All needing specific code just for them. Wheras Firefox, Chrome, Safari and Opera all just ‘work’.

ebygomm
    Free Member
    br
    Free Member

A few years ago one of my development teams delivered a new customer-facing website on t’net. As usual I was first in the office – the website didn’t work.

I rang my lead developer (he was more a 10am man…).

To cut a long story short, it seems all the development team were obviously of a far higher IQ than I, and they hadn’t actually tested it in IE…

B_Leach
    Free Member

Some epic trolling there then!

ericemel
    Free Member

Surely it’s mac user = low iq

AlexSimon

I love a good hoax. I’d love them to find that it was set up by one of their competitors 🙂
    More likely it’s just a bunch of disgruntled developers, faced with having to go back through all their legacy websites to make them work on IE9.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Hoaxes aside, you really would have to be a bit numb to like IE.

portlyone

We can’t get anything above IE6 at work!

nedrapier

My company (one of the world’s largest financial services providers) only moved away from IE 6 a month or two ago. To IE 8. Woo.

We got upgraded this week from Lotus Notes! 6.5 to 8.5! Go us!

nedrapier

More likely it’s just a bunch of disgruntled developers

that’s how it read to me, the last couple of paragraphs certainly.

Pieface

As its a hoax, doesn’t it just prove the opposite? That is all those who thought that their delusions of superior intelligence was supported by browser choice was undermined by the fact they believe anything written on the web?

Three_Fish
    Free Member

As its a hoax, doesn’t it just prove the opposite?

No.

Drac
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘IE user = low IQ?’ is closed to new replies.