Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Idle Friday musings; what's like a Salsa Vaya?
  • IHN

In the spirit of getting through Friday afternoon, my thoughts are turning to vague thoughts of what I’d get to replace my current mildy tatty second roady/winter/commuting/light tourer (a Paul Milnes cross frame).

What I’m after is something that is basically roadie oriented but will bimble down byways if necessary. Let’s call it towpath-core. Not too burly but 38/40c tyre capable, discs, drops, mounts for full guards and a rear rack. Oh, and steel just, ‘cos.

Ideas?

steezysix
    Free Member

Specialized AWOL, I love mine!

scaled
    Free Member

Recommend what you have, nach.

IHN

Hmm, AWOL, hadn’t realised they were steel

scaled – Is that the Escapade?

IHN

Any other ideas?

billytinkle
    Free Member

Surly Straggler.

ratherbeintobago

Stating the obvious, a Salsa Vaya?

Edit: or a Shand Stoater?

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Vayas are great bikes if lardy. Super comfy all day laden touring bikes. I’ve used my on local bike trails and forest roads and it’s fine too. Loads of clearance for wider tyres too.

1-shed
    Free Member

Currently got a all city macho man disc which is good but thinking about an sonder camino with road plus wheels. Not steel but the bowman footscray in orange looks reet and I keep on looking at the velo orange piolet. Happy hunting and choose something pretty.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Idle Friday musings; what's like a Salsa Vaya?’ is closed to new replies.