Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Idiots guide to the iCloud please.
  • zippykona

I’ve never asked for it and now apparently it’s nearly full. What does it do,do I need it and how do I make it not full.
    I’m not really bothered about sharing pictures on every device as our screen saver on apple tv tends to be photos of broken stock we send our suppliers.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Just backup everything to your PC and just keep contacts and stuff on icloud, otherwise it tries to get you to spend $$ constantly

franksinatra

Funny you should ask that. I was asking the same question last week. Then this weekend my kids changed the security pin and locked it so it was disabled. I thought it would be written off (FBI v Apple…)

Through i cloud I was able to wipe it, change security and then fully restore it.

CountZero

I use it as a safety backup of my photos, which are all backed up onto the computer as well. I find it really handy when I take photos with the phone, and a bit later I can see nice big versions on the pad, which are much easier to edit, and when I take photos with my Lumix I copy them off the camera onto the pad via wifi, then I can see them on the phone as well.
    Then there’s all my ebooks that I can start reading on either the phone or pad, then pick up where I left off later on the other device.
    Until Apple allow either 320Kb or Lossless in iTunes Match there’s no way I’m letting my music library go onto the Cloud, though; the bitrate is too low, and I’ve got more music in my library than I’m allowed to put put into the Cloud.
    The cost of extra storage is peanuts, I’ve got 200Gb, with 128Gb available, and I think I pay £2.49/month.
    1Tb/month is £6.99/month, and if I was going to put my music up there then it would be worth it.
    But not at a compromised bitrate.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Idiots guide to the iCloud please.’ is closed to new replies.