Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Idiot's guide: Bluetooth speaker and windows laptop
  • sockpuppet

Trying to sort a speaker for my folks for their kitchen.

They’re happy using their windows laptop (don’t know the model, but it’s only a couple of years old, windows 10). Pretty sure it has Bluetooth. Is it likely the laptop would be able to play through a Bluetooth speaker easily? Using iTunes or another player?

I’ve always used iTunes and airplay for this (from a mac) so don’t know much about windows/Bluetooth, but the Cambridge Audio Go looks great for £80 and I’m trying to use the system they’re already confident with if I can. They don’t have and aren’t interested in smartphones.

Is that a goer? Anything obvious I should consider instead?

Edit: bear in mind I accidentally posted this in the bike forum when you assume my level of tech ability…

whytesky
    Free Member

I have a UE boom which travels everywhere with me in my suitcase.

Aside from music from my phone in hotel rooms I also connect it to my Windows 10 laptop so I can enjoy movies and sport on Sky Go with improved sound over and above the crappy built in speakers.

It’s waterproof too so is fine in the bathroom.

surprising sound from a modest sized cylinder.

Just double check their laptop definitely has bluetooth before you buy.

sockpuppet

Thanks, I’ll check that out, and ask the parentals about their laptop too

nickjb
    Free Member

As above, Bluetooth isn’t that standard. If it does have it then it’ll be simple. I wouldn’t go for iTunes on a pc but it may benefit you if you need to do phone support.

richardkennerley

I use a Cambridge audio minx air which I think is just a bigger version of the go. It’s great and dead easy to use. Can’t comment on using it via a laptop but connecting through Bluetooth on phone/tablet is easy so I don’t see why it shouldn’t be easy on the laptop.

The minx air has 5 preset buttons for internet radio stations to, so there’s no messing about if that’s what you want to listen to, just one button press and you’re away.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Cables don’t need set up.

How old are they? That they are getting you to buy this suggests KISS.

sockpuppet

Good thoughts chaps: quick call confirms Bluetooth on the laptop!

They’re only just round the corner, so I don’t have to do follow up fixes via the end of a phone line thank god!

sockpuppet

Not that old, but my old man just put many man hours into helping my build our porch, and trying to sort out something nice for him!

Just trying to minimise the new hardware they have to get used to.

I mainly ask to make up for my lack of knowledge!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Idiot's guide: Bluetooth speaker and windows laptop’ is closed to new replies.