Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Idiot proof directions, Ashton Court & Leigh Woods
  • Lakes_Puma

I’m looking to have a ride there one evening and although I rode the Bikefest this year around Ashton Ct, and having ridden Leigh Woods a couple of years ago I’m not confident I can link the two together.

What’s a fool proof way to do Nova trail and Yer Tiz without getting lost?

NB A GPX would work as I have an Garmin Edge

nickjb
    Free Member

The fool proof way is slightly longer and little more road than the best way. Personally I’d start at the gate on North Road for Leigh Woods. The trail is well marked from there. Just remember to follow the signs to North Road at the end, not to the skills loop or you will go round again. Once you’ve done a whole loop pop back onto North Road, turn right to the main road, cross it to Ashton Court. There is a little foot step to hop over the wall by the big road sign (its a much lower drop on the other side) or follow the wall left to some steps. There you can do a loop of AC. Do a whole loop and a little bit twice to get back to the main gate or the cafe.

nemesis
    Free Member

Hold on I’ll get you the GPX but it’s very easy really.

IA

Just go when it’s busy and ask someone if you get lost?

nemesis
    Free Member

Here it is – you can obviously cut out the road part at the start/end

Lakes_Puma

cheers guys

DanW
    Free Member

Really easy place to navigate as it is all very well signed, even more so with a Garmin so you’ll be fine 😀 I normally link the two areas by hopping the wall pretty much at the Northern most corner of the AC trail on to Abbots Leigh Road then down North Road which sounds identical to Nicks suggestion. Bristol Trail Group have a nice page showing the routes right off AC and 50 Acre Woods is super easy to add in for some variety without venturing far from AC itself

Lakes_Puma

Are there any parking restrictions on North Road, if not how busy is it in the early evening?

nemesis
    Free Member

Don’t think there are but be careful – cars have been broken into in the past when it’s clear they belong to cyclists (leaving behind wallets, etc).

You’re better off parking at the AC golf hut (well, cycle centre now IIRC).

Lakes_Puma

cheers nemesis, I’ll take your advice.

Lakes_Puma

Thanks everyone for your input, I went there last week one evening and had a great ride must do it again soon.

nemesis
    Free Member

Glad you enjoyed it 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Idiot proof directions, Ashton Court & Leigh Woods’ is closed to new replies.