Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Idiot help needed please… (Small Network DNS issues)
  • monkey_boy
    Free Member

To all that helped…

Without tempting fate everything seems to be working, shared drives on Server B instant access.

Looks like everything has sorted itself, IPCONFIG on my PC shows an IP of .54 and DNS of .9 server A

Fingers crossed…

Many, many thanks once again

Markie
    Free Member

Glad it seems to be working.

This made me laugh: 😀

Nothing else has changed apart from a load of MS updates on the servers

monkey_boy
    Free Member

🙂

i nearly lost it there at one point!

wonkey_donkey
    Free Member

well done monkey, time to kick back 🙂

mattyd
    Free Member

Glad it all worked out, well done mate.

monkey_boy
    Free Member

24 hours later….

monkey_boy
    Free Member

aaahhh spoke too soon, not a major thing…

it seems since turning off DHCP on the BT hub it seems any wireless device cannot gain an IP address?

is there a way round this?

hot_fiat

You’d need to configure the hub as a DHCP relay agent. I suspect that this isn’t possible with a standard BT business hub. I’d be looking to shut down DHCP on the windows box, and re-instate it with a similar config (wiht your reserved static addresses for the servers) on the BT hub. AD-interated DNS will simply just work, so long as you configure the BT hub to set 192.168.1.4 as the sole DNS server for each client.

monkey_boy
    Free Member

cheers, i just got it working on my phone, just gave it a static and the dns and gateway and it works!

its a secret connection anyway just for the chosen few 😉

zokes
    Free Member

cheers, i just got it working on my phone, just gave it a static and the dns and gateway and it works!

But… you may find that said wireless devices don’t automatically work elsewhere

monkey_boy
    Free Member

aaaahhhhhh, i’ll check when i get home but the settings i changed were specifically for the HUB that appeared when it did a scan

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Idiot help needed please… (Small Network DNS issues)’ is closed to new replies.