Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Idiot alert …… hose cut too short
  • steve_b77
    Free Member

I went about shortening my new SLX hoses this morning, measured, checked, measured, checked and about to cut and the flamin phone rang, I went and cut the hose about 10cm too short!!!

So the question is, will this kit fit http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mobile/MobileModels.aspx?ModelID=14854 ?

jimc101
    Free Member

You really want BH90 Hose for SLX (M666/675) as it has a smaller bore diameter to the BH59 hose.

For fit, can’t see why it won’t work; as it has the banjo connector; and you can mix and match the new and old Shimano brake systems, I currently am running a M775 caliper with M666 lever mix, maybe not as good performance as all M666, but they still stop fine.

steve_b77
    Free Member
    rondo101
    Free Member

If they’re M675s, it looks right to me. Don’t forget to order a bleed funnel too, if you haven’t got one already.

And FYI, a goodridge kit (#107) isn’t much more than the rear hose, if you’re in to that sort of thing.

binners

I know the old adage is measure twice, cut once, but with my track record I’ve revised mine to measure once, then drop in the LBS for someone who isn’t an idiot to do it properly 😉

Kryton57

If you have 29 or 650b frame you could always go retro and replace it with 26″? 😉

steve_b77
    Free Member

Kryton – no way I’m hacksawing the rear off my new bike to fit a diddly little wheel

I’ve ordered the BH90 kit & a bleed kit, hopefully I’ll have brakes for the weekend

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Kryton57 – Member

If you have 29 or 650b frame you could always go retro and replace it with 26″?

Does anybody on here actually own a 650 ?

Kryton57

I know someone that does and honestly, he’s got slower*

*there could be other factors.

eyerideit
    Free Member

Someone on here bought a Kona Explosif 650.

So with the above post that’s 2 known adopters of the superior wheel size.

steve_b77
    Free Member

How on earth did this turn into a wheel size thread?!???

stevied
    Free Member

^ they all do in the end

toys19
    Free Member

Ah yes the old measure once cut twice maxim, used it many times.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Idiot alert …… hose cut too short’ is closed to new replies.