Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 576 total)
  • iDieting
  • molgrips
    Free Member

I think I have only eaten it once in my life aged about 5.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

@ Jimmers…

🙁

Jamie
    Free Member

Dishydarcy?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    donsimon
    Free Member

I think I have only eaten it once in my life aged about 5.

Spam, baby belles or dd’s earwax? 😕

iBaa
    Free Member

What is the iDave diet, where do I find out about it?

donsimon
    Free Member

What is the iDave diet, where do I find out about it?

This chap williams seems to know about it. Seems to know what he’s talking about judging by the Q&As.
    Found this too, but the author looks a bit dodgy, not too sure I’d trust this one.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

This thread was going so well until DaintyDarcy turned up! (pictures(or come out for a ride) or you’re just taking the pee out of the pastrypositive)

Don – my weight also fluctuates but I’m on a concerted effort to have it fluctutating just below 12 stone rather than just above it. Plus I like the look of my abs 😳

Has anyone else noticed that they find they sweat more (whilst exercising) on the iDiet?

FuzzyWuzzy

Been following it on and off myself for a couple of months, def lost weight but think need to stick to it a bit closer to continue shifting it 😉 Breakfast can be a pain, bacon and eggs or just hard boiled eggs gets old fast, guess I need more imagination (yeah I know you don’t have to eat traditional breakfast stuff but not sure what else is practical in a rush at 6am). The other struggle I have is when I’m unprepared – not having microwave meals in the fridge can be a big inconvenience :p

Best meal I’ve found (that I’ve not got bored of yet) is to make a big stew (onions, leeks, carrots, beef, chorizo, chick peas, cannelini beans, lentils, chilli, 3/4 bottle red wine and various spices and a load of part defrosted garden peas in at the end), I make a pressure cooker’s worth and get 5 meals out of it (seems fine a couple of days later microwaved…). Takes me 45 minutes to prep and 45 minutes to cook but given it lasts a few meals it’s worth it and gives me something nearly instant if I go home for lunch etc.

hilldodger
    Free Member

On the breakfast front, if sugary carbs are ‘allowed’ pre exercise, does that imply that a cereal based breakfast is OK if followed by a quite high intensity 15km cycle to work ?

And as for the exercise sweating, AFAIK a high protein low GI diet is more thermogenic than a ‘typical’ diet, don’t know how/if this is linked…..

As for spag bol without the spag, that’d be bean bol wouldn’t it 😉

bigdawg
    Free Member

Im not sure why sugery carbs are needed pre exercise. Maybe Ive now trained my body not to need them but I did post about them earlier, but two things Ive noticed:
    – during 2 hour plus xc races I use a lot less on the carb front, used to gel every 20 mins and 500ml of SIS Go an hour, now I still have drink left with only one 500ml bottle and I maybe use 2 or 3 gels.
    – But this maybe down to my non race sunday training – due to having two under 4 kids Im up at 530 in the shed/garage kinda thing and on the turbo for a two hour race simulation (ie hr and cadence matching a normal race) – I eat or drink nothing before I get on the turbo, and all I take with me is one 750ml & one 500ml fluid replacement drink (not carbs – its that hi5 zero stuff) and yet my times to date are consistently quicker every week (its a tacx which gives me the oportunity to race against my previous mes whilst riding round the german and spanish world cup courses).

So, Ive eiether trained my body not to need carbs and get energy from other sources or we genuinely dont need them, personally I think its prob a combvination of both.

Also during the week I ride 10 miles plus to work after 2 poached eggs and a glass of fruit juice, no coffee until I get to work.

ianpinder
    Free Member

Well when I’m back from my holiday I’m back on the iDiet, lost my way properly over the last month, luckly my exercise regiem has cancelled out much of the excess eating, at the moment just finding it really hard.

I’ve gone from 187.4 kg and 46% body fat to 155kg and 29% body fat.

I have a lean weight of 110kg so I want to be around 12% body fat so I would make that a target weight of 125kg.

I have 4 months to achive that when I get back from holiday next week…..

donsimon
    Free Member

I have a lean weight of 110kg so I want to be around 12% body fat so I would make that a target weight of 125kg.

That sir, is more than 50kgs more than I weigh. Those numbers are incredible, I can only assume you’re over 3m tall. 😕
    Good luck with it. 😉

ourmaninthenorth

Stick with it. Reading our accounts here will hopefully inspire you to keep at it.

I will. Have no choice this time, and Mrs North has bought into the idea (eventually), even though her dietary approach is different.

Then, if my experience is anything to go by, in several months time, the hunger between meals will go away.

Had that last night after pigging out on bean mash. And again now after breakfast of grilled bacon and poached eggs.

Lunchtime is the challenge – I want more than the salad I can make at the work canteen, so I’ll look to make things I can bring in to supplement.

kudos100
    Free Member

What is this idiet? Another fad?

bigdawg
    Free Member

got to say despite my ‘success’ to date being at work is the hardest thing – bored stupid, trying to stop myself snacking when Im not hungry is the hardest part of it…

sobriety
    Free Member

What is this idiet? Another fad?

In so far as quite a few people here are doing it, yes. But it’s not so much a fad diet as a change in the way you eat/approach food in general. I tried it as I was a turning into a tubby fecker (again), and I’ve been amazed by how effective it is and how much sense it makes to eat this way when you read further into it.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

– bored stupid, trying to stop myself snacking when Im not hungry is the hardest part of it…

That’s what the internet is for!!

TSY

(munching on green beans, mini-sweetcorn and houmous)

IanMunro
    Free Member

/Looks a desk
    Egg sandwich – Check
    Crisps – Check
    Chocolate – Check

My Diet – Ian’s Diet (the true iDiet) is just full of win 😀

bigdawg
    Free Member

That’s what the internet is for!!

Done that – still bored!!

oddjob
    Free Member

This chap williams seems to know about it. Seems to know what he’s talking about judging by the Q&As.

WOW I’ve been acknowledged! That’s my blog.

My comment after several months of this eating plan is that it is perfectly possible to stick religiously to the rules and still not lose weight if you pig out. You need to exercise at least some portion control especially on the beans, less lean bits of meat and most of all nuts. I would say that you should only eat nuts as a meal substitute and then not too many of them. As a snack, they undo all the other good work.

ourmaninthenorth

You need to exercise at least some portion control especially on the beans, less lean bits of meat and most of all nuts.

This had crossed my mind. Brilliant, thanks.

Breakfast today: grilled bacon (2 rashers), poached egg x2

Lunch: only suitable choice in the canteen – gammon and poached egg (and peas – ignored the mashed potato).

Think I might have hit my pork/egg limit for the day…. 😯

FuzzyWuzzy

Nah you need some scotch eggs for dinner

Jamie
    Free Member

I just had a fish finger sandwich. Delicious.

molgrips
    Free Member

Snacking on too many nuts can negate the whole thing, as I found out…

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Molly, that was the very excuse you used for not gobbling down my nuts when I offerred them you.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

*post reported*

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I even told him it would help to assess his bodyfat!

I’m having a cheat day today, but I’ve just made a load of quinoa with sweet paprika… tastes amazing!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Is quiche in if I peel the pastry off?

Whoosh: ninja edit.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Definitely.

Is pastry out then??

Actually what is quiche? Real men eat egg pie!

ourmaninthenorth

Is passata illegal?

Made the ratatouille taste good….

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Passata’s legal. Whether it’s in or not is another question.

Are tomatoes out generally?

iDave
    Free Member

passata is above the law

ourmaninthenorth

in which case, idave, I shall drink it straight from the bottle.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Following on from Jonah tonto’s post on yunki’s thread…

Are spiders in?

ourmaninthenorth

Are spiders in?

Not as much as locusts – try today’s episode of Radio4’s Costing the Earth

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

It’ll be my go to sleep podcast then lhommedunord.

ourmaninthenorth

HTH DD

BoardinBob

4 days in now and I’ve got a few questions about allowed food stuffs

Tomatoes – yes or no

Nuts – some, all or none

Soya milk – yes or no

Artificialy sweeteners – I’m assuming no because even though they are calorie free they’re still high on the GI?

Solo
    Free Member

4 days in now and I’ve got a few questions about allowed food stuffs

Tomatoes – yes or no

Nuts – some, all or none

Soya milk – yes or no

Artificialy sweeteners – I’m assuming no because even though they are calorie free they’re still high on the GI?. No, they’re out cos they are trash

Cold Turkey is in……..

bigdawg
    Free Member

tomatoes – yes (I use them a lot)
    Nuts – in moderation
    Soya milk – soyabeans are ok so im guessing milk will be…?
    Sweeteners – def no… youll actually get used to the lack of sugar / sweet stuff (something I never thought I would)

Does everyone do the one day of eating what they want ?? I kind of do 1 1/2 days of hat I want as I have pizza on friday evening (i make it though so a damn sight healthier than any shop bought ones)

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 576 total)

The topic ‘iDieting’ is closed to new replies.