• This topic has 13 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by DT78.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • idiet – foo kit moments
  • kevj
    Free Member

I’ve been on a ‘diet’ for six weeks now, which is a blend of the Idiet and the Ducan. I’ve lost a stone and a half which is very good considering I’ve had a wedding and my oh birthday during this time which have both set me back.

Anyway, tonight, after a good ride out, we ended the ride with a few beers to chew the cud. For the first time, I have deviated from my diet and have just enjoyed a Shitty beef burger in <bread fss> and a potato waffle.

It was glorious. Back on the rails tomorrow as I only have another half a stone to lose but, yes, it was worth it.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

If your going to break the rules do it for something good next time!!

Cougar

I thought iDiet enforced a day off anyway?

My diet has similarities to the iDiet and I have quite a few foo kit moments.

I drink beer, have the odd bacon butty, the odd pub meal and some Saturday night takeaways. Holding steady between 11st 4lbs and 11st 7lbs (6ft). A bit of crap doesn’t hurt at all.

molgrips
    Free Member

That’s nothing.

When I fall off the wagon it’s a week long wine-gum binge, usually.

The odd thing here and there btw doesn’t do any damage. The only thing to watch is that a bit of sugar early in the day make sit a lot harder to avoid sugar later in the day, ime. So if you are going to fail, do it in the evening 🙂

loum
    Free Member

Interesting point with the sugar. I find the complete opposite with my reactions to it.
    When I have something sugary , it puts me off it for the rest of the day and longer. I’ll then go for days without it or even wanting it. And the more I had, the greater the effect. But eventually I’ll fancy something sweet again.
    So I find that its best for me to have it earlier in the day, with time left to exercise it off. Rather than the evening when there’s a good chance I’ll be resting then sleeping.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’ve added a nightly bowl of ice cream to my diet and lost 3 lb in the last week or so.

Keva
    Free Member

I ate an ice cream everyday last week when it was hot and I still weigh the same 🙁

molgrips
    Free Member

Interesting point with the sugar. I find the complete opposite with my reactions to it.

No, you don’t! We’re all the same! There are no physiological differences!

wonnyj
    Free Member

Just started it on Monday in combination with week 6 of a 12 week training plan. Felt pretty rough doing intervals on Tuesday but the body seems to have adapted and I was going well last night.

Lots of veg and meat, mmmm. enjoying first day off today- cereal for brekkie, sandwich for lunch and cake in the afternoon.

Big pot of broad beans and black eyed peas is soaking away at home, awaiting the week ahead.

Have lost about 4 or 5 pounds so far.

loum
    Free Member

No, you don’t! We’re all the same! There are no physiological differences!

Fair enough, I’m no qualified physiologist.
    Maybe the same physiological occurrences produce different mental and psychological responses in different people.
    A desire for sugar is as much a mental function as a physical one, so I guess it’s just a different mental reaction.

molgrips
    Free Member

Fair enough, I’m no qualified physiologist.

I was being sarcastic! It’s clear to me that there are huge differences under our skins, loads of hormones all with different levels and magnitude of effect, but I get shouted down on here all the time. And that’s before the psychological but more importantly neurological effects by differences in our brains and a lifetime of habit. Which also in turn affects those hormones and our brains.

Your experience with sugar on the iDiet backs me up quite nicely I think.

donsimon
    Free Member

but I get shouted down on here all the time.

That’s because you have 6 cheat days and one idiet day… 😆

DT78
    Free Member

Been following a rough idave and new road bike diet. I have also dropped a stone in 5 weeks, despite having cheat weekends which involve bbqs and lots of beers. Seen no real effect on training other than getting.more cramp than I have recently. Not sure if its related.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘idiet – foo kit moments’ is closed to new replies.