Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Identifying vehicle from broken lights after failed to stop
  • squadra
    Free Member

Any ideas about the make/model of vehicle which left the pictured light remnants after colliding with a car outside my house last night? Part no. on the chromed plastic bezel of the indicator is 270 934.

AdeC
    Free Member

Bad luck about the hit and run. The chaps on Pistonheads.com will be able to ID that for you.

Daffy

Well, it’s not an e46, nor an R56 Mini, nor a Fiat Panda, nor a Z4,

Looks Peugeotish.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I do recognise it and it’s really going to bug me until I remember what it is. Something with some hideously bulbous things anyway.

squadra
    Free Member

Cheers, I’ll try pistonheads.There’s also bits of a curved clear plastic outer lens, with horizontal emboss on the inside,

trail_rat
    Free Member

shifter
    Free Member

Only takes a minute or two on CSI.

trail_rat
    Free Member

squadra
    Free Member

Trailrat, thanks but the indicator isn’t a full circle on the salvaged bit.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Doesn’t look like it’s a mini as the indicator lens housing is curved at the bottom. The lights I’m thinking of are rears, not front.

brooess
    Free Member

I do hope you find who did this OP – they won’t be expecting to get caught 🙂

Wally

From tail lights more likely? Dodgy reversing? Very best of luck, someone will know.

Trustyrusty
    Free Member

Pretty sure that’s a Vauxhall Astra (previous generation) can’t be exact on year, but a bit more googling should narrow it down…

otsdr
    Free Member

Yes, kind of looks like an Astra 3:

l.e. The shape of the turn signal is incorrect, though. Might be a different gen.

squadra
    Free Member

Trustyrusty- yes 2005-12 Astra looks likely…

trail_rat
    Free Member

id go as far as to say it is an astra based on the fact of the bezel embossing being the same…..

otsdr
    Free Member

That, and the striped clear cover mentioned by the OP on pistonheads pretty much clears it :).

matt_outandabout

Now we know what model, how are you to narrow it down to specific car?

AdeC
    Free Member

Impressive light identifying skills there. So OP, now you know the make/model…whats your next step?

squadra
    Free Member

Well I’ve phoned the police to add the info to the incident report, in case the miscreant’s Vauxhall is identified in another incident. Not holding my breath. Might have a little ride around the locality too…

Trustyrusty
    Free Member

If you can get the Police interested, they might be able to follow up. Social media might be useful, lots of local peeps would notice a car that came home with pretty substantial damage…might also be worth calling local salvage yards. >MASSIVE GENERALISATION MODE ON< Its a pretty low value car, probably driven by a younger/dodgier type who is trying to avoid a massive hike in premiums, assuming that they were insured at all…>MASSIVE GENERALISATION MODE OFF

It must have left some paint behind too, Shirley…

andy4d

Any indication of the colour

Gary_M
    Free Member

Whilst it may well look like it’s an Astra there’s no way you can be 100% certain that’s what it was. That particular light cluster may not be unique to an astra, might have been used in other vauxhalls of the same era, and it may not even be that same light cluster.

For example this is a zafira headlamp unit 05-08

Trustyrusty
    Free Member

Of course you are right Gary, but….

1: This is the internet, so I can safely say that the perpetrator is pure Evil and must be stopped at all costs!

2: The Police probably aren’t going to attach too much importance to this one, as it’ll be difficult to prove anything and apart from someone being pretty annoyed, no real harm was done, and…

3: I’m bored and have too much time on my hands right now, so I’ve been sleuthing my arse off! http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-Astra-1-8i-auto-2007MY-Design-Spares-or-repair-HPI-Clear-/231590268191?hash=item35ebdb0d1f:g:RWYAAOSwRLZT-Hsi Obviously the Douchbag above would have needed a time machine to have used the car in the Ad, But an Ebay/Gumtree search might come up trumps and give you something to give to the Rozzers

Good luck Squadra, I really hope you find them, but don’t worry too much, there’s still more good than bad people out there, just!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Identifying vehicle from broken lights after failed to stop’ is closed to new replies.