Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Identify my forks!
  • spw3

Evening gents.

I’m aware “this thread is useless without pictures” but I’m settled into my patio chair with a bourbon and the forks are simply yards away in the shed.

I bought a s/h Scott Voltage for Mrsspw3. They came with a set of biffed Marzocchis that I replaced with some fully functional Domains I had lying around.

But you know how it goes, and now I have a mini boy project in mind – can I resurrect the old fork?

So with just my description and no help from pics bc I’m too lazy, can you identify it?

Make: Marzocchi
    Stanchions: steel coloured 175mm length
    Lowers: black, brace says “Bomber”
    Spring: seems to have positive and negative air springs
    Adjustments: red knob with “ATA” on it

Any ideas? Worth resurrecting?

lesgrandepotato

I think they might be bombers

Andy-R

888 ATA? Marzocchis are always worth resurrecting.

spw3

Hmm, ya think?

Well at least I own them and not the other way around 🙂

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Black Bombers , to be exact

spw3

Oops, missed out a vital piece of info which would have been obvious if could be arsed to get them out of the shed: single crown.

sillyoldman

44 ATA from 2009?

sillyoldman

They used plated Alloy stanchions, so could look like steel, but be Alloy.

spw3

It would be great to know bc saving them would give me an imense felling of Boy Project satisfaction.

spw3

Also, 20 mm maxle.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Would more likely be 55s or 66s on a Scott Voltage

sillyoldman

Oh aye – forgot what they were on!

Andy-R

66 ATA then – travel adjustable from 140-180mm.

spw3

Did the 66 travel adjust have air springs? Great news if so. They weigh 2.7kg so not exactly svelte. But my 888s are very smooth and if these forks benefited from the same level of ‘care and attention’ that appeared to have been lavished on the rest of the bike by its previous owners I might be able to transform them from creaky and sticky to plush!

matt_outandabout

We have Marzocchi All Mountain SL1’s with ATA and TST5 with 20mm bolt through, circa 2007.

I have just serviced them, and by heck they are plush! Brilliant forks, simple inners, a faff to work out how to get in dampers, but easy to get lush. Heavy.

spw3

Where did you get the the servicing instructions from? I’m aware Marzocchi manuals are not exactly helpful!

Andy-R

66 ATA are air sprung – ATA = Air Travel Adjust.

spw3

Just had a thought: do the numerals in Marzocchi fork names indicate the stanchion diameter? If so I could measure the circumference and work out which series fork it is.

matt_outandabout

Where did you get the the servicing instructions from? I’m aware Marzocchi manuals are not exactly helpful!

Marzocchi site
    Youtube
    http://marzocchiworkshop.blogspot.co.uk

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Identify my forks!’ is closed to new replies.