Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Ideas where to eat in/around Ashbourne?
  • MoreCashThanDash

Taking a day off work for my dad’s birthday in a couple of weeks and he (and my mum) want(s) a trip out to Ashbourne as they’ve not been for years.

Any ideas for somewhere for lunch – my gut reaction was to divert to the Royal Oak at Hurdlow but stretching the “near Ashbourne” a bit too far probably

stupot
    Free Member

Rose and Crown in Mayfield did really good food, when I used to live there. (4year’s ago though)

nickjb
    Free Member

We went to The George in Alstonefield. Probably on the poncy/pricey side for me but the food was very good. Still a little way out. Also ate at the bluebell (iirc?) on the main rd nth out of ashbourne near tissington. Nearer and pub grubbier, decent food but not special.

paulwf

Another vote for the Rose and Crown in Middle Mayfield – very good food.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Can you stretch to the Red Lion at Hognaston (nr Carsignton Water)?? It always was a favourite pub of mine and the food was great in a very lovely area and surroundings.
    15mins out of Ashbourne, but worth going.

I do have to say it has been a very long time since I’ve been there though, but it’s still running.

mudplugga
    Free Member

+1 red lion @ hognaston.

MoreCashThanDash

Red Lion looking good then

Thanks guys

marcus
    Free Member

It’s been a while since I ate there, but there is a place in the dip at Fenny Bentley which was good. Or the Saracens Head near Brailsford – can’t remember the name of the village. I’m sure Google will be your friend.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Ideas where to eat in/around Ashbourne?’ is closed to new replies.