• This topic has 44 replies, 32 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by juan.
Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Ideas needed for an epic(ish) race to replace the 2012 Trans Wales.
  • johnny

Just been reading through this thread, lots of events on here which i’d love to have a go at! This might be premature midlife crisis on the way, but at 36, I reckon if I don’t start doing things like this soon, it won’t happen at all!?

It strikes me that there are a fair few people, (like me!) who would like to do a longer stage event but don’t have a group ready to do these things.

Anyone interested in making up a “team” for a few events over a season? I’d love to do some single day events, such as the CRC marathons, then build up to short multi day, such as The Bearded Man/Red Kite and then do a longer multi day event?

If anyone is interested, give me a shout. (email in profile). It would be good to have a “pool” of people, as no-one can usually commit to everything. I live in the South East, but that doesn’t exclude anyone- we all travel to do the events after all… This could be a good motivator during the winter too, if there’s an email list/etc on the way round?

Paceman
    Free Member

Gutted… I was hoping to do the Trans-Wales next summer 🙁

drink1664
    Free Member

I had a good chat with John yesterday, He has some real good ideas to replace the Trans Wales for 2012, some of the riding hes talking about is without doubt some of the best to had in the UK. Its possible it could be based at one place and have 1/2/3 days riding depending on what you would like to do, with timed sections. time of year will be August and hes is currently putting plans into place.. The prizes looks to be some of the best for many years. Im not sure when it will officially announced,But Im sure it will be worth the wait.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    vdubber67
    Free Member

Trans-Sylvania? Not a joke, and not in Transylvania either. 🙂

http://www.tsepic.com/

juan
    Free Member

One day race trans-vésubienne.
    Stage race trans-provence end of thread.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Ideas needed for an epic(ish) race to replace the 2012 Trans Wales.’ is closed to new replies.