Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Ideas? I want a hard tail for riding xc that will take 120mm-140mm forks?????
  • dwhite468
    Free Member

thinking something like a Cove stiffee FR or something like that? anyone got any other ideas for a bike like this?

mangoridebike

Dialled Bikes Prince Albert.

BigDummy
    Free Member

I have now ridden it three times, so am now fully qualified to proclaim that the Pace RC305 is the best bike of this sort. 😉

dwhite468
    Free Member

yeah i had seen the Pace, it looks mint! yours looks good to man, pretty much just what i’m after.

nickc

Chameleon

(It’s all I say on the bike forum these days)

sharki
    Free Member

This is the bit where everyone lists the bike they’ve got and argues their’s is the best because…..

I’d say the cotic soul is the best mid travel HT i’ve ridden.

SC chameleon is a harsher beast that needs taming, also same for marin rocky ridge, guess the cove stiffee FR is a similar animal.

456, PA or genesis alpine for the pig iron options…

Northwind

Soul is fantastic, though limited to 130mm. Mine is half trail centre, half XC bike and it does both jobs brilliantly with a u-turn rev.

Oh, why do you want so much fork for XC? Stiffee’s not exactly the obvious choice for XC either… Depends on your XC of course.

dwhite468
    Free Member

I ride alot of downhill and i also live in sheffield so will be riding this bike xc in the peaks so i want somthing that will not crumble the first time i take it down the plantations.

bishbashbosh

Hummer?

Digimap
    Free Member

I ride a SC Chameleon in the peaks with 150mm forks and big wheels. Works for me and doesn’t fall apart. Stiffee does the same job but used to be rated at 140mm forks max, that might be old news. Depends what you call XC really, I wouldn’t want to race it round a field but I’m more than happy to ride it up and down all day round here.

daveh
    Free Member

I know its not very helpful keep posting this as its not available as frame only but I’m still excited by my present Rocky Ridge build! It does me just fine around Sheffield/Wharncliffe.

zaskar
    Free Member

Stiffee. Ran mine using Talas adjustable fork.

SC Chameleon?

Loads of options.

taka
    Free Member
    taka
    Free Member

btw its for sale/swap 😉

Rickos
    Free Member

I’m enjoying my Genesis Alpitude greatly right now. I always found my Chammy to be too high in the BB (felt very tall when on it), so I s’pose the same would go for a Stiffee for me.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

kona 5 0?

paule
    Free Member

Current bike I’m on (also for riding around sheffield, with 140 Pikes on, which I tend to leave at 125 except for on big rocky downhills) is a NS bikes Society. Seems to do the job nicely, and has more standover than anything else I could find with a long enough toptube. Only problem I’ve got with it is that you can’t run much more than a 2.3 rear tyre.

You can have a go on it if you like…

carlphillips
    Free Member

ive had a 456 and dialled pa

i’d buy a 456 out of the 2

Tracey

Chameleon all the way, very versatile

even in the wet

Tracey

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Ideas? I want a hard tail for riding xc that will take 120mm-140mm forks?????’ is closed to new replies.