Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • ideas for wood burning stove in a new build shed…
  • gazc
    Free Member

currently building my new shed and want to put a mini wood burning stove in there to keep it warm in winter months. have a full size one in the house and no room for anything like that – anyone got any ideas for a mini one that would suit a shed?

in terms of fitting it i was thinking of sitting it on a big chunk of slate i found in the garden with a steel chequer plate behind to protect the wall (11mm OSB on 50x50mm wall framing). need to consider the flue going through the roof too (18mm OSB)

cheers

RustyMac

Stoner put something like this in his shed.

camping wood burning stove

bedmaker

Chilli penguin may be worth a look

gazc
    Free Member

cheers for that. i like the chilli thing but its over my budget sadly, and unfortunately that first one will be too big. the shed is only 6 ft deep due to space constraints so with the legs that’ll eat too much up.

gazc
    Free Member

having a look on ebay this looks like the sort of thing i was thinking of – link

shed is 6ft x 15ft so doesnt need bucket loads of heat

tiggs121
    Free Member

Looks too small – lots of wood cutting needed unless you only burn coal. Wood is free (where I live) coal is not.

How about making one?

McHamish
    Free Member

I’ve been thinking of getting a saw dust and off cut stove in my new garage – the only thing I’m worried about is smoke bothering my neighbours.

footflaps

the shed is only 6 ft deep

Why do you want a wood burner then, how long do you intend to spend in such a small space?

andyl
    Free Member

Sounds far too small. But to answer your question one of the small pot belly stoves as sold in machine mart.

gazc
    Free Member

tiggs121 – wood is free here too so as you say something bigger will be best to avoid just burning kindling. hadn’t read the dimensions properly but yeah its tiny – 4 inch square!

footflaps – as stated above its the only space i have been allowed to build by the mrs so long/narrow it is & no exceptions 😉 its pretty well planned out to make use of the space. FYI my previous shed was 8×6 and i managed to use it fine as a small workshop. next house will have a garage for sure but this one was location over man-cave space!!!

andyl – cheers for that i’ll check them out

Stoner
    Free Member

Look for frontier stove (and search in here too)

Will post pics later

STATO
    Free Member

Was just about to post a link i had to a frontier stove, but its dead. Its basically the one Rustymac posted anyway.

Anyway, you want something i think called a rocket stove heater? Apparently much better for shed use as the heat is more instant and less latent.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpMJ_9_bXPQ[/video]

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFq7pNl6MJY[/video]

jairaj

no idea how well it works but I saw this a while back.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX5CgCItFgE[/video]

gazc
    Free Member

cheers stoner, particularly interested in how to get the flue out…

rich that beast will burn the chuffing place down! need to get you dad out with the welder 😉

love the bake bean can burner 🙂

gazc
    Free Member

quite like this pricey little number http://www.windysmithy.co.uk/woodburners if it doesn’t work out/when we move i’ll fit it in our camper 8)

mugsys_m8

Just buy any of the zillion tin wood burning jobbies available at any market or outside any general store in any countrysuch as Turkey, Azerbaijan,Georgia, Bulgaria etc….

….sorry….

5thElefant
    Free Member

You need a log burner with a back boiler. You could have the burner outside and a radiator inside.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘ideas for wood burning stove in a new build shed…’ is closed to new replies.