Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • ideas for the forum
  • maxray
    Free Member

You are too young to remember the great Bike/Chat forum split and the fury that caused.

😀

DezB
    Free Member

You forgot
    1 music section
    2 politically correct section
    3 I’m vastly more intelligent than you section (could be merged with the pc section)

But, no it’s ok how it is. I don’t think different sections will re-spark my interest. 2 & 3 above, are becoming so warying I can hardly be arsed to read it anymore.

philconsequence
    Free Member

and to get this in before anybody else does:

tankslapper
    Free Member

Tandem Jeremy section……

Cougar

I think the only criticism I’ve got of the current format is the rate of turnover and people not reading past the first page. We’ve had three “what anti-virus” threads in as many days, for instance. Splitting down the forum into even just a couple of broad subsections might help with that, though there’s other ways around it.

iDave
    Free Member

can we just have one separate section for any sadsacks who post ‘hilarious’ photos of cats?

downshep

It works as it is ‘cos it’s simple, random and entertaining. No other site, except perhaps soapboys.com, wastes as much of my life as this place. Leave well alone please.

tazzymtb

idave wins grumpiest little monkey of the day award

philconsequence
    Free Member

can we just have one separate section for any sadsacks who post ‘hilarious’ photos of cats?

maybe a sub-section for people who like to make “ohh.. people aren’t as clever as me.. how quaint” type comments. might cheers this place up a bit 🙄

so far you’ve said it’d make sense to shoot me, and that i’m a sadsack. very cheery!

iDave
    Free Member

your shooting was to save the lives of many others. a fair trade?

clearly we have different perceptions what amounts to ‘cheery’. cat photos might have been funny in 1997, if you were 12

but we can still be best friends and there’s room for us on just the one forum

philconsequence
    Free Member

we have different perceptions

welcome to the internet 😀

molgrips
    Free Member

I agree, multiple forums are not a good idea. Who really gives a poo about what tyres to use? Who’s going to hang around a car section on here when you might as well go on pistonheads?

Best thing about this forum is the variety.

redthunder
    Free Member

Ride Photo section would be nice.

Avatars would be good. Especially when zooming down a thread to you own post.

But if you really hate the forum …. start your own like Mleh or go there.

DezB
    Free Member

We’ve got avatars… in our profiles. Lawdy knows why! 😕

philconsequence
    Free Member

avatar i’m not a fan of to be honest, but thats james cameron for you.. always makes his films too long 😆

i dont hate the forum 🙂 just think some sections or “sticky threads” about certain things might help its navigation at times when certain subjects keep coming up (“what lights for winter” etc)

U31
    Free Member

Can we not just shoot all the car / driving lovers?
    Or put them in the wicker man along with the mods?

tazzymtb

U31- you are putting a lot of people into this wickerman who come across as being a bit bedwetter/nerd/pc hero ish. You do realise that if they are that damp they’ll take ages to burn and the wickerman will just smoulder for a bit and look like it’s having an epic fart!

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘ideas for the forum’ is closed to new replies.