Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • ideas for the forum
  • philconsequence
    Free Member

well there’s a reason why i’m not just mailing the mods as i’m just musing over ideas, and wondered if the STW collective would enjoy such ideas really…

cars section
    lights section
    tyres section
    arguing section
    silly as we like section with swearing allowed (warnings as you enter)
    video section
    photo section

facebook/pop-up style chat function to chat to other forum users online would be good i think…

anyone else got idea they’d like to see or wish STW provided?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

No to all of that

philconsequence
    Free Member

well happy christmas to you too uncle jeremy!

cynic-al
    Free Member

works well as is imo.

a separate arguing forum would be crap, arguments are best when you drag someone in who wasn’t looking for it.

A bit like fighting really.

NZCol

Shoot me now.

I agree with TJ.

Leave as-is sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. It’s all good.

tazzymtb

phil- you missed the grumpy argumentative dyspeptic old giffers section for those forum stalwarts that if you used enui as a form of carbon dating would all be about 60,000 years old.

oh hang on that’s what we have already 😉

philconsequence
    Free Member

suppose… i’d just think the forum would benefit from not having to wade through billions of threads with odd titles to find something. tyres, lights and such are so common it’d make sense for them to have a section, make it easier for people to find advice before asking for it in a new thread too.

videos i always miss out on cos people post on the bike forum instead of “chat forum” so i’d like to see a dedicated video section and made a guess photo fans would want the same for pictures.

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

This format works, no need to change it.

ononeorange

Leave it as it is. And I certainly don’t see why what is fundamentally a bike forum needs a car section.

philconsequence
    Free Member

arguing section wasnt a serious suggestion but the “silly as we like with swearing” was.

as for cars… there’s so many threads about what car to buy, considering its a bike forum it makes sense to banish them to their own section of mini petrol head world

rOcKeTdOg

no thanks, the amount of seperate forums is enough thank you, just look at the rival cycling forums to see how rubbish multiple forums are to follow

NZCol

Phil- you obviously have a proper job not a middle management IT position where you can be allegedly doing OPEX projections when in fact you are discussing the finer points of lesbianism on one thread while debating whatvtyres on another.

Pity on you.

schroedingerscat
    Free Member

Leave as is I say.

ahwiles
    Free Member

yes, a car section and a football section would be a good idea.

anyone who clicks on the link has their forum identity shut down.

and an X-factor section with the same function.

and a … oh, what day is it? – i’ve got another window to open on my advent calendar.

ho ho ho.

XxX

maxray
    Free Member

I like it being all heaped together as you see threads you otherwise would not. It is easy enough to search for lights/cars whatever.

I don’t mind about the swearing as you should be able to form your sentences etc without swearing, it is not like it just pops out befire you have time to resist pressing post 🙂

There is something quite nice about it’s basic nature, I spend far too mcuh time on here as it is so wouldn’t want chat functionality etc.

philconsequence
    Free Member

and the chat idea? who wants to put a downer on that sexy party too?

EDIT – sorry dude, posted it 27seconds after you.

agreed this site doesnt need the swearing… i kinda like it without… but the result is i’m starting to get offended when stuff gets past the swear filter haha.

a word changer to change swear words to amusing alternatives, on fridays random words would be added to the filter/changer… bike – dandyhorse, tyres – horseshoes and so on.

bullheart
    Free Member

It’ll only end up like the LFGSS forum. And I’m buggered if I can navigate that one…

mansonsoul
    Free Member

A car section? Is nothing sacred?

rOcKeTdOg

live chat is for dodgy swinging websites….but i wouldn’t know anything about that

Jamie
    Free Member

Shoot me now.

I agree with TJ.

If I pop my head next to Cols then we can save on bullets, as I also agree with Teej.

thebunk

Put me 3rd in the line of fire. Also, get rid of the bike section – we never use it right anyway…

philconsequence
    Free Member

how about pub rules then.. no politics, no religion. 😆

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

anyone else got idea they’d like to see or wish STW provided?

More Yeti!

[Edit] I added an exclamation mark, I feel quite strongly about it [Edit]

iDave
    Free Member

it would make more sense to shoot phil

sweepy
    Free Member

Ive seen more than one forum go right downhill after becoming over complicated, and chat boxes can stop people from posting in threads.
    I’d like to see more swearing tho.

U31
    Free Member

Can we build a wicker man full of moderators, toast slowly at gasmark 10 whilst we amuse ourself raping chickens and pigs?

Jamie
    Free Member

it would make more sense to shoot phil

Efficient. I like the cut of your jib soldier.

donsimon
    Free Member

If it ain’t broke, don’t meddle.
    I miss so many posts on forums with sections for this and sections for that or end up posting in the wrong section. Multi section forums are a right royal pain in ones bottom.

Better solution, read headings, make a decision enter or no enter. Not that difficult.

philconsequence
    Free Member

😆

yup, i’m obviously the reason for this forum being filled with car threads, repetitive threads about magicshines, tyre choices and such.

*off to start a “what 4X4 should i buy to run over cyclists using the pavement and why hasnt my magicshine arrived yet, it must be that i’m using the wrong tyres” thread*

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

There should be an X-Rated over 18’s section full of swearing and pole dancing lolcatz. I ******* love x-rated swearing pole dancing cats me.

tazzymtb

TSY- it’s better if they’re a bit on the chubby side as well 😉

philconsequence
    Free Member

it is poledancing and swearing… but i’ve edited out the pole and swearing so i dont get banned. 😉

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Phil – Breaking the forum into smaller sections would make it easier to find threads about specific items. If you want to ask a question then you could put it in a specific area such as ‘Wot Tyres 4’

How many people are going to lurk in the ‘Wot Tyres 4’ forum to answer that question?

If it is all in one big pot then lots of people read threads that they never would normally and they add their completely invalid opinions to them.

You are too young to remember the great Bike/Chat forum split and the fury that caused. I still rarely venture onto the bike forum after that trauma.

tazzymtb

I’d hate to think what you typed into google to get that image phil 😯

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

How many people are going to lurk in the ‘Wot Tyres 4’ forum to answer that question?

Rubs hands in anticipaition…

[Edit] I meant to copy the bit about tubby kitties [Edit]

U31
    Free Member

Now your all just being ridiculous

philconsequence
    Free Member

“pole dancing f*****g fat pussy” with “safe search” turned off 😈

i’m well daring i am, here’s my latest profile pic to prove it:

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Now your all just being ridiculous

No.. You’re being ridiculous! 8)

tazzymtb

that’s not daring this is

30seconds later there was the sound of chewing, a big bang everything went dark and something suddenly smelt like cooking chicken 😕

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0Bm3ZbD3Tg[/video]

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘ideas for the forum’ is closed to new replies.