Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Ideas for summer biking trip
  • Littleman
    Free Member

Just started looking into a European summer biking trip with gf, and not sure where to go. We're both riding 5-6" bikes, and I'm looking for somewhere where there's a decent variety of trails – allowing me to get my thrills on the nice techy stuff but with some stuff for her that she can enjoy and build up to the techy stuff (she's really keen to push herself).

Don't mind climbing, but would much prefer lift assisted stuff if I'm going abroad.

Don't know if I'm asking too much!

Verbier and Pila are high on the list at the moment, but don't know if Verbier is a bit full on technical for her (I've not been there).

Any ideas?

valleydaddy
    Free Member

Come to Wales you know you really want to 😉

We've got tons you've probably never ridden off piste and if you and the misses fall out you're not too far from home 😀

Littleman
    Free Member

I actually live in Snowndonia (I can ride Snowdon straight from the house – although I don't do it anywhere near enough), so was hoping for a bit lift assisted European action.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

oops 😳 sorry my fellow Welsh man (assuming you are Welsh)

Ok well come South then and use Cwmdown a lot 😉

I hear what your saying go for it and hopefully someone can advise you.

I know of mates who have done Morzine thing and love it.

Littleman
    Free Member

No probs at all mate (yes I am Welsh). I usually do a few South Wales road trips a year (a very good friend of mine lives in Cardiff so I generally abuse his hospitality).

Have done the Cwmcarn DH and really enjoyed it, so will try and do it again this year. I'd like to try some of the more "off piste" non trail centre rides down there as well – but that's another story!

Diolch

jedi

nasher in italy or doug in spain?

Littleman
    Free Member

Nasher?

Dug as in Basque MTB? Had a look at the website earlier. It's on the list too!

Thanks

jedi

yeah. not that im doing something with him.
    its just the terrain is just what you require

valleydaddy
    Free Member

Littleman Dim problem.

Bydd gennych chwyth ble bynnag yr ydych yn gwneud dude!

Rwy'n gobeithio i wneud ychydig o reidio o amgylch Eryri yn ystod yr haf.

Rwy'n marchogodd y llwybr Climachx dydd a nos o weithiau ychydig cyn y Nadolig ac wedi marchogaeth Nant Yr Arian yn y ast, ond yn gobeithio cael hyd at Coed y Brenin ac ati ei fwyta yn ystod y flwyddyn.

adegau hapus

lloniannau

Pete

Matta
    Free Member

If you fancy going abroad I recommend Switch-backs.com in the south of Spain near Granada.
    I have been there 3 out of the last 4 years and have never been disappointed, there are the best single track natural trails I have been on. Admittedly I have not travelled that far but I have spoken to people who have been to France & Whistler etc and said that it cannot be beaten.

The Man with the plan in Spain is Michael Saunders a great guy on and off a bike but is keen to share his skill and teach.

I'm looking to go again in Sept I thoroughly recommend the place.

nasher
    Free Member

Tyrd lawr I Rivierabike.co.uk

Yr ydwyf or Bala, digon agos I Parc Genedleathol Eryri

But seriously we have much varied terrain, from easy to the insane.not like Jedi's shore stuff though!

As we say in Llandaw
    ciao for now

Tracey

Verbier will be fine, we have been with the girls for the last 5 years and have booked for next year with Bike Verbier

Tracey

Littleman
    Free Member

Looks like I've got some options to investigate there.

Thanks.

steveh

Have a look at trail addiction in les arcs too. A huge amount of great trails of differing difficulties, fantastic food and accomodation too.

I wouldn't do Pila tbh. It's my favourite place to ride in the alps but is only good for a few days as there aren't that many trails to ride. There's a good range of difficulty levels but the steps between them can be pretty big.

fogliettaz
    Free Member

Why not try Ste Foy, Sandwiched inbetween Les Arcs and Tignes with excellent uncrowded trails for all abilities in Ste Foy you will not be disappointed.

http://www.saintefoy.net

myth
    Free Member

http://www.altitudeadventure.com/mountainbiking.php
    been out the past 2 years, fantastic place and people.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Ideas for summer biking trip’ is closed to new replies.