Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Ideas for small frames 26" wheels
  • dobo
    Free Member

Anyone spotted any bargin frames that are small so i can build up a bike for the missus.
    Shes not going to use it that much and most likley to the shops and pub with me so dont want to spend much on it. I got spares for a 26″ disc build. to fit someone 5’2

peter1979
    Free Member

On one inbred and 456 evo are available in pretty small sizes and quite cheap the moment.

cinnamon_girl

On-Ones have a long top tube. Rock Lobster 15″ has a short tt.

CheesybeanZ

Inbred / 456 +1 MrsbeanZ is 5’2″ and the 14″ frame fitted great .

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I got my mum a Kona Caldera.

slowoldman

Ragley Blue Pig and Piglet come in 14″

thats_not_my_name
    Free Member

Not sure if this is small enough but seems a bargain (not mine): Charge skinny duster

dobo
    Free Member

yea on ones are long top tubes, and a bit weighty really, same with the ragley.
    thinking maybe an alu giant, kona etc for trail geo at a decent weight
    but steel like the duster above might be a good shout, but its a bit untidy, not sure what the misus will think 🙂 short TT i think too argh
    cant find rocklobster

karlsbug
    Free Member

+1 Rocklobster if you can. Sometimes come up fs. I’ve got a 15″ I’m 5 foot 8, couldn’t decide between 15″ or 17″ didn’t regret it, Ive got short legs. Both steel and alu are light, alu is very light. Old skool geometry.

RustySpanner

Another vote for the Rock Lobster.
    I’m five six and have loads of seatpost showing.

The Alu one, hers, is insanely light – around 23lb with decent hardwearing kit.
    It’s pretty stiff, but takes a bigger rear tyre than the steel one.
    It feels much faster and it’s a hell of a lot easier to lift over stiles.
    🙂

The 853 steel one (mine 😀 ) is comfier all day and still very light from a production steel frame.

They really are lovely bikes to ride, just feel spot on.
    No intention of getting rid of mine.

faustus

Aren’t Rock Lobsters hard to get hold of now (which is a real shame, as they were fantastic.)?

You shouldn’t worry about the longer tt on an on-one frame, because you can use a short stem instead. My girlfriend is 5’6″ and has a 16″ 456 frame. It just has a short stem (as it is designed for) and Mary bars that move your hands back a bit further anyway.

cinnamon_girl

dobo – sometimes RL come up in Classifieds, worth keeping your eyes peeled. Fwiw have had both 14″ Inbreds and a 16″ 456 but have a very short body so not comfy for me. Am 5’5″ with long arms and long legs.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Ideas for small frames 26" wheels’ is closed to new replies.