Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Ideas for a whiskey related stag do in scotland please
  • osteo1
    Free Member

OT: A Whiskey related stag do in scotland – not MTB related as the stag doesn’t ride – any ideas?

starsh78
    Free Member
    poly
    Free Member

You’d probably find a better range in Ireland – unless you meant Whisky?

Can I suggest you narrow down the options a bit. Is this a relatively sophisticated affair that might involve a Whisky tasting at the Scottish Malt Whisky Society, or is the idea to get remote – in which case if time/travel permit then a trip to Islay to tour the distilleries might be in order. Or if it is a typical stag do just to incorporate whisky then Edinburgh’s pubs should be able to accommodate you…

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

No, but note that the Scottish tipple is “whisky” – rest of the world is “whiskey”

Cougar

Can I suggest you narrow down the options a bit.

This.

There’s a world of difference between “well, I’m getting honey and woodsmoke, with a hint of brine coming through with a little water, but the finish is a little lacking” and “gee us a glass o’ that Glenmedeiros wul ye laddie, an’ fill it up wi’ coke!”

Cougar

No, but note that the Scottish tipple is “whisky” – rest of the world is “whiskey”

On a point of pedantry, you’ve got that backwards. Ireland (and most of the US) is “whiskey”, the rest of the world (including Scotland) is “whisky”.

grum
    Free Member

Easy – Islay Whisky Festival. It’s what we did for my brother’s stag do and it was **** awesome. There was a massive piss-up in the Bruichladdich distillery with a ceilidh, lovely beer and food, and lots and lots of whisky. There’s stuff on at pretty much all the distilleries (7 of ’em I think, in a small area) all week. Would highly recommend it.

Garry_Lager

If you were prepared to do some travelling then a trip to Islay would be hard to beat. The three giants of Islay malt are within a few miles of one another on the south coast, plus you’ve got 3 other great distilleries on the island.
    You’d be pyar banjoed after a day of that, mind – Ardbegeddon.

Cougar

with a ceilidh

If you go, you have to do the “is it too late to say I’m sorry” joke. It’s the law.

jockhaggis
    Free Member

Craigellachie Hotel Quaich Bar. 700 whiskys to chose from at £2 to £275 a nip. ‘Fill yer boots’ as they say.

Panorama here
    Craigellachie Hotel

bikebouy
    Free Member

May I suggest large doses of this…

And some of these..

Cougar

Why would you need sunglasses in Scotland?

osteo1
    Free Member

Whisky tour – sorry fat fingers and inactive brain to blame! Islay looks like a good crack…
    The stag and I both love whiskey – single malts Oban being a favourite with Laphroig playing a close second. The idea would be a starter of adrenaline, with a main course of that ‘honey and woodsmoke’ thing, for a few glasses, followed by a desert of ‘oh dear love, where did you lose your clothes?!’

Cougar

In which case, Garry provided your answer earlier.

Ardbegeddon.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Ideas for a whiskey related stag do in scotland please’ is closed to new replies.