• This topic has 16 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by xyeti.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • idea's for a stw 'Ton touring' weekend?
  • ton

going to organise a touring/pottering weekend for the new year. plans are to ride a ton in the weekend.
    so looking for idea’s of where to head.
    bunkhouse would be good, or hostel. nice are, with a nice boozer not to far away.

everyone who wants to come is welcome.
    all idea’s greatly appreciated.

matt_outandabout

Speyside Way / Dava Way area?

jekkyl

Overnight Ferry to Holland as foot passengers so dirt cheap with bikes, ride for the weekend, ferry back!

dknwhy

Train to Cardiff. Cardiff to Talybont-on-Usk on the Taff Trail. Overnight at the White Hart bunkhouse or Talybont hostel. Ride to Newport. Train home.
    Probably 80-90 miles.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Ardgay to Ullapool and back. Coast to coast to coast on easy offroad. Ullapool is a nice place for a stopover. Not quite a 100miles but you could add a bit on I’m sure.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Liverpool – Leeds Canal ?

Considering your current condition it’s not too taxing..

tjagain

Northumberland? Pennines?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

What TJ said.

rOcKeTdOg

No idea but interested in tagging along

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Missed the last couple , so depending on dates etc, id be interested, dont mind camping if need be 🙂

DrP

If you venture south, give us a shout…loads round here…
    Ncn route 2 is a nice one.

DrP

scotroutes

Assuming this is road and not MTB…

Hawick? Choice of accommodation, pubs to meet/eat in, couple of 50 mile circular loops in the Border country on quiet roads.

ton

some good idea’s and all noted.
    liking the idea of northumberland of the central borders. i will have a good look round for some accommodation.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Tha taalk queeor up theore ya naa Turny, rrruurl the rrr’s an aaal that. Ya winnat naaa wat the lurcal furk are on aboot man!

olddonald

Assemble Hull – take the other ferry to Belgium – Zeebrugge – tour and beer. Essel will need to work on his Walloonian accent though…..

xyeti
    Free Member

Trans Penine Trail. Well half of it, Start either West Coast to say Doncaster or East Coast in land to Doncaster.

My favourite is Doncaster to Horsea only because its got a Bloody Good Chippy………
    If you are feelling like you need to burn some proper Cals after Xmas you can do Both coasts quite easy in 2 Days, I did it in a Oner a few years ago but i was alot fitter back then. It’s flat and well surfaced.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘idea's for a stw 'Ton touring' weekend?’ is closed to new replies.