Viewing 4 posts - 81 through 84 (of 84 total)
  • Ideas for a best-seller to cover all bases
  • emsz
    Free Member

As long as there’s badly written sex scences. I’m happy :mrgreen:

thebunk

Erm, I realise I’m late to this – but are we actually going to do this book without any reference to anywhere in the Nordics*?

Some additional characters:

Pe’tra Lungon,sonson: Brooding pale and interesting detective with parenting issues and only one (really nice) sweater, who lives in a shed in Reykjavik with her brooding teenage son who ends up being involved with the daughter of the uncle of the dodgy fishing captain from book 9 in the series.

Kelj Chrtopjelp: Well dressed retired cop from Copenhagen who does his best work in the Sauna, but he faints when he gets too hot and has to be dragged out by his savagely beautiful and autistic protege, who ends up being his lover, and also turns out to be the daughter of the master criminal that they have been after for the previous two books.

Also, what emsz said…

* The Nordics: Not a body part, if anyone needs a tourism brochure strapline.

camo16
    Free Member

Great. All that work and I missed out the obligatory Scandinavian.

** Sighs and considers starting over **

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    thebunk

It’ll be worth it camo16. Think of the sales(1), TV book clubs(2), excellent tabloid reviews(3) and kind of OK reviews from the broadsheets(4)!

1. OMG! Three for two at Waterstones!
    2. Richard and Judy! Oprah! Wowzers!
    3. “FANTASTIC!!!!!THIS IS THE BEST BOOK IN THE WORLD!!!” – Richard Scumbag, The Daily Star.
    4. “camo16s use of punctuation is ground breaking” – Penelope Cremeggoff, the Times.

You’re so close! One, maybe two characters from the fancy end of Northern Europe and you’ll have all of the above….

Viewing 4 posts - 81 through 84 (of 84 total)

The topic ‘Ideas for a best-seller to cover all bases’ is closed to new replies.