Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Ideas for 30th B'day trip away – No bikes!
  • crapknees
    Free Member

It’s my wife’s 30th birthday coming up in a few weeks, and l’m thinking of taking her away somewhere (UK and Europe) for a few days over half term. Budget’s limited to £150-180 each for travel and hotel, within which l know there are plenty of options, but l can’t decide which one to choose. Happily stay this side of the channel if the place & hotel interest me.

Need somewhere with culture, food, things to do and see. Help make my decision for me!

🙂

IHN

Maybe kind of obvious but, London?

For less obvious but still great European destinations I would recommend Dusseldorf or Malmo (from where you can also do a day-trip to Copenhagen)

dknwhy

Not sure it’ll be enough to fill a whole weekend but we went to Canterbury for the weekend a couple of years back. Stayed in a hotel within the grounds of the Cathedral. Went for a wander around the cobbled streets, bit of shopping, ate dinner in Michael Caine’s restaurant (chef not actor, although that could have been more interesting- “You’re only supposed to thinly slice the skin off…”)
    Was just a nice, relaxed weekend.

IHN

It’s worth signing up to TravelZoo by the way, some cracking hotel offers on there.

MrGreedy

York is excellent for a UK short break – lots of historical/cultural stuff, many excellent pubs and restaurants, apparently the shopping is good too if that’s of interest. Definitely enough for a couple of days, plus Harrogate, NYM etc. nearby if you fancy a change.

Duggan

Berlin is my favourite place, so…Berlin

badllama
    Free Member

I’d go to York as well, great location just get hotel as close to city walls as possible. For less of a walk back from the pubs, city center eateries. 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Ideas for 30th B'day trip away – No bikes!’ is closed to new replies.