Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • iDave Snack Time
  • damo2576
    Free Member

I know you’re not meant to but what can you snack on occasionally?

I just had a bag of peanuts and realised it was over 500 cals so need something else…

Jamie
    Free Member

If only there was an existing thread you could have asked this in……

spacemonkey

Carrots/celery and any approved dip, e.g. humus, lentil mush (from the day before), etc.

Cheese is still high on my nom nom list so I do have a chunk from time to time, normally with Ryvita. Just had some now in fact. Both on the banned list I believe.

jimmy

what about breakfast, uncooked?

damo2576
    Free Member

if only there was an existing thread you could have asked this in……

Not a fan of threads that get so long.

Jamie
    Free Member

Not a fan of threads that get so long.

How come?

motivforz
    Free Member

I have checked out and think are ok:
    dried chickpeas in chilli powder,
    humous and veggies for dipping
    pate (make sure one with no flour/sugar in though!)
    ryvita
    nuts
    seeds
    bits of chicken/fish etc
    bean salad, make up a batch of small snack pots

damo2576
    Free Member

How come?

They become too broad and unfocussed on original topic and no one reads through all the pages!

BigJohn

Always have a small chorizo ring in the fridge. A chunk of that, a cherry tomato and a couple of cashew nuts will keep you going.

retro83
    Free Member

I usually have a slice of ham or salami.

duntstick
    Free Member

Bloody hell, I was hoping someone was going to suggest something halfway appetizing in this thread! 🙄

Pass the Ryvita and dry chickpea chili…………..oh and I’ll have a few seeds with that as well 🙄

Duntstick destined to be forever a fatty I think

BigJohn

I just had a bag of peanuts and realised it was over 500 cals so need something else…

This is not a ‘diet’; rather it’s a fresh approach to what and how you
    eat. It is not calorie restrictive, nor is it reliant on high volumes of activity. It is effective because it is designed to target the insulin response to food rather than calories.

topper

What about Ryvita? Is rye flour a contravention?

Topper

trailmonkey

Wouldn’t have thought that Ryvita is allowed. Isn’t it cereal ?

topper

Yes, that’s what i thought. A pity though cause there are loads of different flavours and they got loads of low-calorie goodness and fibre in. And they fill you up!

Ah well…

miketually
    Free Member

they got loads of low-calorie goodness

This is not a ‘diet’; rather it’s a fresh approach to what and how you eat. It is not calorie restrictive, nor is it reliant on high volumes of activity. It is effective because it is designed to target the insulin response to food rather than calories.

sadexpunk

Duntstick destined to be forever a fatty I think

not necessarily mate, it just may be that its not for you. youve got to enjoy your food after all, otherwise you probably wouldnt stick at it.

try a different eating plan?

hilldodger
    Free Member

jimmy – Member
    what about breakfast, uncooked?

In my experience that’s the worst part of iEating 🙁
    the breakfast options are pretty poor if you don’t want to start the day with a fry up or eat last night’s left overs…

The iPlan is pretty good as an overall dietary concept but there’s no way I’m going to ditch a ‘healthy’ bowl of whole grain cereal and yoghurt with a few berries for a meat/egg/bean based breakfast, but then I’m not a fatty so weight loss isn’t an issue…….

theteaboy
    Free Member

“but then I’m not a fatty so weight loss isn’t an issue…….”

Me too but I’m interested by the whole insulin regulation thing.

Is this diet malarky ‘all-or-nothing’ or would compliant lunches and a few dinners have any benefit?

ElVino

Falafel is the best snack I have found, M&S have a half decent one but going to stock up at Shepherds Bush Market on the real thing this weekend

chamonix666
    Free Member

stupid question, but i am currently sat here eating raw beetroot and it is very sweet. is it a fruit or veg?

hilldodger
    Free Member

the teaboy – Member
    Is this diet malarky ‘all-or-nothing’ or would compliant lunches and a few dinners have any benefit?

I think if you’re trying to shed weight then it’s ‘all or nothing’ but for everryone else it could certainly be the basis of a good eating plan.
    Cut out ‘white’ food stuffs is my shorthand version of iDiet, so no sugar/salt/milk/flour based products & potatoes.
    Where I differ is that I’m quite happy to eat wholegrains, most fruits and fermented milk (ie yogurt/sour cream).
    I think along the lines of low GI/insulinaemic ‘meals’ rather than ‘ingredients’ as the combinations & methods of preparation/cooking ingredients can significantly vary their nutrtional properties.

hilldodger
    Free Member

is it a fruit or veg?

iRule (1)’would you put custard on it’
    iRule (2)’would you put it in the fruit bowl’

‘No’ to both = vegetable 😉

tommmm
    Free Member

Surely doing it to a lesser extent would still have the same impact on insulin levels and just have less of an impact?

mr_mills
    Free Member

hilldodger – Member

is it a fruit or veg?

iRule (1)’would you put custard on it’
    iRule (2)’would you put it in the fruit bowl’

‘No’ to both = vegetable

Have you ever heard of something called a… “tomato” ??

miketually
    Free Member

Which is a fruit but, I believe, fine in an iDave diet.

Jamie
    Free Member

Damn. This guys just gone and bust the whole thing wide open.

Mind. Blown.

miketually
    Free Member

Cucumbers are also a fruit. Strawberries aren’t berries.

mr_mills
    Free Member

Jamie – Member

Damn. This guys just gone and bust the whole thing wide open.

Mind. Blown.

What!! What did I do? I just happened to mention that a tomato is a fruit and therefore doesn’t work with the genius fruit / veg test. Please don’t kill me with pitchforks etc.

motivforz
    Free Member

oh yeah, pickled eggs, and gherkins

(just to get the thread back on track)

Jamie
    Free Member

What!! What did I do? I just happened to mention that a tomato is a fruit and therefore doesn’t work with the genius fruit / veg test. Please don’t kill me with pitchforks etc.

Don’t worry, just messing. There has been a long standing debate about botanical/traditional categorisations on certain fruits/veg on this diet.

So whereas we all know tomato is technically a fruit, you wouldn’t have custard on it so it magically moves to veg status, so is fine to eat.

So, I guess if you like custard on celery it’s off the menu 8)

motivforz
    Free Member

As a baby/toddler i did eat broccoli with ice-cream, so lucky it’s not the ice-cream test.

duntstick
    Free Member

Seriously, who amongst you, who are sticking to this diet, have had anything to eat today for lunch, which is remotely flavoursome?

And what was it?

I would like to think it’s not a sufferfest and perhaps worth giving a go. Maybe I just lack the culinary imagination

miketually
    Free Member

Seriously, who amongst you, who are sticking to this diet, have had anything to eat today for lunch, which is remotely flavoursome?

I’m not following the diet, but there are so many yummy things you could have for lunch that are iDave-friendly.

trailmonkey

Seriously, who amongst you, who are sticking to this diet have had anything to eat today for lunch, which is remotely flavoursome?

A fresh flatbread made with gram flour and flavoured with fried onions and peppers, seasoned with cayenne pepper. This was smeared with mayo and rolled around roast chicked pieces and chorizo slices.

‘Kin tasty.

BigJohn

Sliced some white cabbage and onion, smothered it in home made mayo to make a sort of coleslaw, a chunk of chorizo and 2 pickled onions.

Tonight I’m gonna make falafel, I’m gonna make some homous, I’m gonna have that with pork chop and griddled asparagus.

You’re right though – my taste buds are just crying out for mercy. 8)

Oh, yes and my gram flatbreads are coming on, but not having them today.

Jamie
    Free Member

I had raw parsnips and rain water collected in a jam jar.

Delicious.

…actually I had a lentil, (with chopped onion, cucumber, tomato), and jalapeno sausage salad. Dressing was red wine vinegar and mint.

…..and I am not even on the diet.

hilldodger
    Free Member

As iSee iT 😉

The iDiet is more a set of principles than a book of holy commandments.
    As iDave would hopefully agree, any diet plan should be tailored to the requirements, health status and fitness of the dieter.
    Any modification to your diet which increases the proportion of ‘healthy’ Vs ‘unhealthy’ foods is going to improve your life, better to make an effort than to look at the iDiet and tell yourself you ‘can’t do it’ 🙂

What iDave has given is a broad set of guidelines to healthy eating whilst minimising body fat. Use what Dave has iGiven you to find out more about food/nutrition, exercise and well living – don’t use it to make “Insulin” the new dietary demon/buzz word or draw up endless lists of fruit like vegetable thingys 😉

Jamie
    Free Member

iGiven, iSee, iDave,

How have we not been sued by Apple yet?

…..which in itself would be quite ironic, given the fruity nature of that particular companies iName.

andy7t2
    Free Member

And what was it?

white fish oven baked in ginger and chilli and a bean salad made up of mixed beans, red onion, cucumber, chilli, celery and blackpepper.

it’s easy to make tasty meals just need to be more organised

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘iDave Snack Time’ is closed to new replies.