Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • iDave-friendly ride snacks
  • DrJ

Probably this has been asked and answered a thousand times, but what should iDave dieters take on rides instead of the traditional banana, fig roll etc? Can’t see stopping at the top of a climb to tuck into a bowl of quinoa 🙁

ton

scotch eggs
    chorizo
    boiled eggs
    chicken portion

zilog6128

If you’re working hard enough that you actually need the extra energy then simple carbs are ok as your body will use them rather than store them, so banana, energy gel, etc is fine.

There’s no need to snack otherwise, I would just wait until my next proper meal.

spacemonkey

I wouldn’t want to be the one riding behind Ton 😉

BigJohn

The original sheet says simple carbs at around 30g per hour are fine if you’re doing exercise. If you’re doing more than an hour, take some on board beforehand as well.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

I make quinoa cake for ride snacks, its yum! But you should have carbs when exercising according to the idiet.

molgrips
    Free Member

iDave diet says to eat high GI carbs during rides. You may find it helps to wait 45 mins before partaking though.

bigdawg
    Free Member

sweet potatoe pakoras… as found in sainsburys..

hooli

spacemonkey – Member
    I wouldn’t want to be the one riding behind Ton

I can picture the stops now. Hold on lads, just need to warm up my chicken and boil some water for my eggs, wont be a minute 😀

Solo
    Free Member

Probably useless on a ride, but for the morning after a night out ? oh yes.

If your ride is around 90 minutes duration, you probably don’t need anything, say for a little post ride recover nosh.
    If you’re riding for longer/further, than as Molski suggests, start noshing no later than an hour into the ride. And yes, you might include some carbs, but just what and how much will take some experimentation, ime.

I’ve tried those rice cakes as devised by the Team Sky chef.

ton

chorizo burps going up a climb are ace….. 😆

brassneck

Are croissant allowed on the iDave? This information has been kept from me!

Solo
    Free Member

Are croissant allowed on the iDave? This information has been kept from me!

Oh yeah. One day in 7, they’re positively essential !
    8)

tazzymtb

brassneck-yep eat what the cuff you want on rest day 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘iDave-friendly ride snacks’ is closed to new replies.