Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 65 total)
  • iDave diet plan feedback
  • menothim
    Free Member

I know there is another thread knocking around on this, but it's too big to read now. What kind of results have people been getting?

ton

i have lost 2 stone, without even doing idave's atkinsesque diet.

carbs are a good thing for 'athletes'…………….. 😉

tails
    Free Member

I lost 7 pounds in 2 weeks of average following of the plan. Then I lost very little in the 3rd week. having the day off really helps in the reduction of weight IMO, having two days off really hinders the plan. thats my findings.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    menothim
    Free Member

I've not jumped on the scales yet, but it is feeling like a good thing to do. I'm hoping the free day will make it long term sustainable, although I'm being sorely tempted tonight!

iDave
    Free Member

there's nothing atkins like about the diet, it's not a low/no carb diet

coolhandluke
    Free Member

lost 7KG's in 2 weeks.

Then I went on holiday…. 😀
    A week with The White Room with free cakes beer food and wine.

I'll revisit the diet as it wasn't bad for a bit but not something I could maintain for ever.

maxray
    Free Member

Christ 15.4 lb in 2 weeks? I know you can make massive gains going from obese like but it doesn't strike me as sustainable with that sort of weight loss.

tails
    Free Member

How fat were you luke!!

Jamie
    Free Member

I think Luke lost a limb….

theotherjonv

I've done about 7 lbs in 2.5 weeks without really much difficulty. That might be a bit understated as I started on a weds so I've done 2.5 weeks but had 3 days off in that time, might well have lost another couple by this coming weds.

Found a lot of nice recipes based around beans and pulses as opposed to pasta and potato. Have stuck fairly well to it, not too much deviation although I did have an ice cream yesterday which my dad bought me (seemed churlish to turn it down as he thought it would be nice)

Best of all, my appetite seems to have diminished in that I don't feel hungry between meals so my tendency to pick at biscuits and stuff has disappeared. Is that a result of a 'diet' that is higher GI than previously. Few nuts every now and then, and then usually 2 decent sized meals and breakfast.

rossendalelemming
    Free Member

10 lb over 3 weeks.

scruff
    Free Member

8lb in 2 weeks, including a long weekend of beer and bbq.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

where are the details of this diet?

HTTP404
    Free Member

15.4lbs in two weeks doesn't sound like a diet anybody should be undertaking!!

steve-g
    Free Member

I did 10 days on the plan and lost 8 or 9 lbs, then I had 10 days off the plan and put 4 or 5 lbs back on.

As of yesterday I am back on the plan again and expect the first 4 or 5lbs to fall off pretty easily

molgrips
    Free Member

I've lost 2kgs the traditional way – extremely slow going for me but it always is, esp when I'm still speed training.

glynP
    Free Member

what is the diet I need it

glynP
    Free Member

what is the diet i need it

turin
    Free Member

I must be a freak of nature then, 3rd week of the diet this week. In the first week I lost 1.2 Kg since then I hadnt weighed myself till today and it now seems that im 200g more than my starting weight!

I initially found myself feeling as though my throat had been stolen by somebody and felt really hungry pretty much all of the time, after three or four days this passed and my appetite has been significantly less than it was before although I have still to fight the urge for sweetness,mainly mid afternoon and mid eve.

Its definitely changed my diet for the better, much more veg and a lot less crap. However I found a drop in energy levels when exercising, I play rugby and pre-season is well under way and I seem to be at least a yard behind where I know I should be.

I think I might have lost some fat when I prod my body but I cant be certain and I have been really strict with sticking to it apart from one or two coffees which people have made with milk in it.

Im going to stick with it for a couple of more weeks and see what happens, but feel a bit disheartened when everybody else seems to be losing weight at sizeable levels

Solo
    Free Member

Yeah, its all good here. I've had access to scales recently and lost 3.6Kg over three weeks.

ime, the effectiveness of iDave's eating suggestions is directly proportional to how rigidly one sticks to the guidelines. And thats down to the individual, imo.

Cheers Dave
    🙂

Solo

richmtb

I lost about 6-7lbs in two weeks and then went on holiday for a week! To be fair I kept most of the weight off, and I'm now back on the plan.

I've felt hungry at times, and sometimes thinking of something to make for dinner has been a chore, but overall I'm eating a lot healthier now. I probably didn't need a plate full of rice, pasta or potatoes at 7pm every night

Jamie
    Free Member

turin – Member
    I must be a freak of nature then, 3rd week of the diet this week. In the first week I lost 1.2 Kg since then I hadnt weighed myself till today and it now seems that im 200g more than my starting weight!

I initially found myself feeling as though my throat had been stolen by somebody and felt really hungry pretty much all of the time, after three or four days this passed and my appetite has been significantly less than it was before although I have still to fight the urge for sweetness,mainly mid afternoon and mid eve.

Its definitely changed my diet for the better, much more veg and a lot less crap. However I found a drop in energy levels when exercising, I play rugby and pre-season is well under way and I seem to be at least a yard behind where I know I should be.

I think I might have lost some fat when I prod my body but I cant be certain and I have been really strict with sticking to it apart from one or two coffees which people have made with milk in it.

Im going to stick with it for a couple of more weeks and see what happens, but feel a bit disheartened when everybody else seems to be losing weight at sizeable levels

I am in a similar situation Turin. Stuck rigidly to the main tenants of the plan, apart from last week I had 2 off days, and found not only was I not losing shedloads of weight I was struggling for energy as well. Over 3 weeks I went from 166lbs > 162lbs > 164lbs.

I am sure the plan works, well it did, but it seems to have a short effectiveness cycle for myself. Plus I really could never stick to it long term as not a massive fan of beans/lentils.

Solo
    Free Member

I really could never stick to it long term as not a massive fan of beans/lentils

Nor could I. Fortunately, theres loads more choice than just legumes.
    😉

S

Jamie
    Free Member

Nor could I. Fortunately, theres loads more choice than just legumes.

List them.

molgrips
    Free Member

I must be a freak of nature then

No – just different. Lots of different body types out there, and lots of different starting conditions. If you start out as a biffer it's going to be easier than if you start out as a fit bloke with 10lbs of middle fat.

In any case, if you are playing rugby, why do you want to lose weight? Btw, I don't think this diet is compatible with hard exercise, which is why I am not doing it*

* I am not a coach or dietician.

wonnyj
    Free Member

Yeah, "loads more choice than just legumes"

Oh yes beans, eggs and meat.

+1 what Jamie said for my experience.

Solo
    Free Member

Lean Meat
    Eggs
    Salads
    Stir-fry
    Soup
    BBQ'd veg and fish

Oh, the list is Mahoosive. Though I guess you have to know one end of your knife from the other 😉
    Theres more than enough choice, but it aint gonna coming knocking on your front door though.

Neighbour has recently taken a few deer, so I reckon venison is on the radar soon.

S

Jamie
    Free Member

I should add that on the plus side the plan does/did/has encouraged me to eat healthier. Also I will continue to keep a low carb aspect to my diet, but porridge will be making a well missed comeback as will fruit in moderation.

Then see what occurs 🙂

I would be interested to know what peoples starting weights are. As if you are a big biffer just stopping having butter in your coffee would see lbs fall off quickly 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

Just remember that carbs are fuel for exercise…

wonnyj
    Free Member

Meals I enjoyed were chili con carne con white beans, and dhal with spicy smokey haddock. Dressed beans and tuna was ok

Everything else was a bit too beany for me

turin
    Free Member

Fair points made,

I just fancy losing a bit of fat right around my waist trying to get it down before I get too old to lose it, I started out at 105.3kg but with a 34" waist. Given other people losing the pounds seem to be much lighter than me, probably with different body make ups. On the bmi scale I am morbidly obese, I know thats not a good way to measure anything, plus the scales I use have a body fat indicator,and apparently I am 45% fat!! again I dont pay much attention to that.

I used to be a really picky either, not really eating much veg, but lots of fruit, having to hide the veg from myself inside food!! just as well I have a short memory so I can forget where it was! and loading the plate up with pasta or rice.

Since starting this plan I have been doing a lot more cooking from scratch which is pretty satisfying, although I do have to fight the urge from time to time even with the one day off per week.

I think Ill try and stick with it for a couple of weeks and see if the weight or energy levels sort themselves out

theotherjonv

you get carbs from lots of other sources than the usual pasta / rice / potatoes. I wouldn't describe myself as particularly hard training currently but have not seen any impact really on my energy evels.

Jamie
    Free Member

I think the biggest stumbling block for me was breakfast. Eggs/Bacon and variations thereof got quite tiresome after a while. It's weird, but while there are scientific studies saying high protein promotes satiety I never felt as good to go as I used to after a bowl of porage.

scruff
    Free Member

Anyone tried eggs and marmite for brekkie ?

theotherjonv

Porridge is still allowed though? Just maybe not every day.

molgrips
    Free Member

you get carbs from lots of other sources than the usual pasta / rice / potatoes

Hard to eat enough beans etc to get a lot of carbs tho.

Solo
    Free Member

Anyone tried eggs and marmite for brekkie ?

Is the Sun hot ?. H3ll yes, its Fab.
    🙂

S

scruff
    Free Member

IS MOLGRIPS THE NEW SFB ?

(15.8 to 15.0 in 2 weeks)

solo- XO ?

molgrips
    Free Member

Lol. Say that again and I WILL KILL YOU!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘iDave diet plan feedback’ is closed to new replies.