Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • IDave diet, is celeriac root ok ?
  • cr500dom
    Free Member

Probably should have asked before making a fantastic mash from it, but is Celeriac root ok on iDave !

donsimon
    Free Member

Dunno!

BoardinBob
    RobHilton
    Free Member

Would you eat it with custard?

cr500dom
    Free Member

That’s handy then, because the mash was great !! 😉

Rob I wouldn’t eat potatoes with custard, but they are off limits 😀

RobHilton
    Free Member

^ You don’t know until you try!

cynic-al
    Free Member

OMG it’ll go straight to your belly, and it’s extremely high calorie *resists “roll” smiley*

cr500dom
    Free Member

It’s more about wanting to follow it as intended, as an experiment 😉 than any worry about putting weight on……. I’ve been carrying round an extra 2st for quite some time now….I’m not getting precious over it 😀

If I don’t follow it to the letter it’s a wasted experiment as I won’t know what works for me and what doesn’t ?

zilog6128

That’s handy then, because the mash was great !!

You can’t brag about it unless you give the recipe so it can be independently verified 🙂
    unless it’s just as simple as 1) get celeriac 2) mash it

cynic-al
    Free Member

OK I don’t know about the diet, but how can a vegetable make a difference? They’re full of water mostly.

cr500dom
    Free Member

That’s handy then, because the mash was great !!

You can’t brag about it unless you give the recipe so it can be independently verified
    unless it’s just as simple as 1) get celeriac 2) mash it

Pretty much,
    Boiling water, bit of salt and pepper
    Peel and chop celeriac root into small squares, add to water, simmer gently for 10-15 minutes, drain, mash add little bit of butter and pepper to taste…. Job done 😉

iDave
    Free Member

“OK I don’t know about the diet, but how can a vegetable food make a difference? They’re full of all water mostly”

And the bits that aren’t water? Glucose, lactose, ribose, sucrose, fat, protein?? Is it all the same? I wonder does some ‘bits’ spike insulin and some bits not? Could that affect how your body deals with the contents of your plate?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘IDave diet, is celeriac root ok ?’ is closed to new replies.