Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 161 total)
  • iDave diet downsides
  • deepo
    Free Member

Got that email Solo, 😀 thanks very much

Solo
    Free Member

wimmin are biologically evolved to store more subcutaneous fat around the hips and bum so as a natural state will have a proportionally higher body fat percentagepe

Well, yes, we see this as children progress to adulthood.

Where boys are predisposed to convert more of their excess calories into muscle, while women allocate more of their excess calories to subcutaneous fat around the hips and bum

I learnt this, again, while watching that video yesterday….
    😉

philconsequence
    Free Member

i learnt it at uni

no videos for philly 😀

you forgot to mention the boobs solo

i am disappoint.

weeksy

Thanks to Solo for the info.

Sadly… i just can’t see any world in which i live in that cutting out ALL of the bad foods are viable for me personally.

Solo
    Free Member

you forgot to mention the boobs solo

i am disappoint.

I didn’t forget, but upon my first reading of that line, TSY come to mind.
    However, in light of TSY’s and I, new Truce and general love-in with each other now.
    I thought better of it….

DOH !.

Solo
    Free Member

Thanks to Solo for the info.

Sadly… i just can’t see any world in which i live in that cutting out ALL of the bad foods are viable for me personally.

No worries, as I wrote in my reply.
    Its not for eveyone.

Good luck though, with whatever route you take.
    🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

I gave the old idiet a shot but hit a wall about 5 days in, it was almost like bonking which makes think I got it wrong

Not enough carbs in general. More veggies and beans.

Bagstard
    Free Member

Can I suggest all of the low calorie dieters ignore the scales and get your body fat measured by someone who knows what they are doing. Weight is a small part of the story, plenty of lightweight people have high levels of body fat!

Last nights almost idinner.

Turkey, lentil and quality sausage chilli

fry off a large onion, then add 700g of chopped turkey steak and ten big fat juicy lovely high meat content sausages and brown.

Add two tins of chopped tomatoes
    a pint of chicken stock
    two cups of red lentils
    one tin of red kidney beans
    a teaspoon of chilli
    two teaspoons of paprika
    salt/pepper
    half a spoon of cumin and a shake of mixed herbs
    some red jalapenos and a little of the juice they are pickled in
    garlic puree and a spoon of honey (yes I know)

cook on a low heat for at least an hour making sure you stir regularly or the lentils stick to the bottom.

Tastes much better than it sounds and I have some for my lunch today.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

LOL Solo… you should jam your head between me an’ Philly and do the ‘motorboat’.

jota180
    Free Member

Can I suggest all of the low calorie dieters ignore the scales and get your body fat measured by someone who knows what they are doing. Weight is a small part of the story, plenty of lightweight people have high levels of body fat!

Why just the low cal dieters?
    the idaves seem to use the scales as their measure too

Besides visceral fat is the one that matters, how can that be measured accurately? a CT scan?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Can I suggest that you ignore the scales and the bodyfat measures and just stare at yourself in the mirror until you’ve achieved perfection.

philconsequence
    Free Member

Can I suggest that you ignore the scales and the bodyfat measures and just stare at yourself in the mirror until you’ve achieved perfection

i can’t stare through the tears, it makes my eyes sting 😥

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’ll stare at you instead? Everyone needs a training buddy.

philconsequence
    Free Member

i do need a training buddy, need to move away from the machines and start free weights but got nobuddy to watch my technique and shout at me to ‘break the edge’ ‘feel the burn’ and ‘take the pain’ 🙁

Solo
    Free Member

LOL Solo… you should jam your head between me an’ Philly and do the ‘motorboat’.

I do kinda like you guys, really.
    I like our little team, Molgrips, TSY, Phil.
    😉

Everyone needs a training buddy.

So, err…. when are we getting together then ?….
    😉 😛 😯

Bagstard
    Free Member

jota, idieters are not restricting calorie intake and much less likely to be losing muscle.

Solo
    Free Member

got nobuddy to watch my technique and shout at me to ‘break the edge’ ‘feel the burn’ and ‘take the pain’

Thought you wuz buzy checkin out the wimminz at da gym ?.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Eff off… I’m in no team!

philconsequence
    Free Member

its all about your peripherals solo, you never look directly at them, use mirrors etc 8)

sirriuzly i do need to speak to the gym chaps about showing me how to use the free weights safely

fingers202
    Free Member

Solo, have also sent you an email. thanks

molgrips
    Free Member

Eff off… I’m in no team!

Don’t look at me, I’m shy!

Solo
    Free Member

its all about your peripherals solo, you never look directly at them, use mirrors etc

Ah, right, gotcha.
    I must be really crap at this letching beautful women appreication thing that allegedly occurs at the gym.

I wouldn’t know though coz I aint bein down dat gym for a week.
    8)

philconsequence
    Free Member

you are 2 teams yeti:

TeamSexyParty

TheSpecialGuys

Solo
    Free Member

Solo, have also sent you an email. thanks

YGM
    🙂

Solo
    Free Member

Eff off… I’m in no team!

Aw, you see ?.

This is the colateral damage suffered by the Ironman competitor.
    Too many hours spent alone, training for such a grueling event.

There, there, TSY, its Ok.
    😉

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

you are 2 teams yeti:

Ok there are 2 teams I trust… one of them’s me, and the other ain’t you.

miketually
    Free Member

Besides visceral fat is the one that matters, how can that be measured accurately? a CT scan?

Is that not shown by the change in waist measurement? My weight’s pretty consistent and though I’m losing some subcutaneous fat my trousers are much looser. I’m assuming that means I had some visceral fat to lose despite being light/skinny and that I’ve lost it?

Why just the low cal dieters?
    the idaves seem to use the scales as their measure too

I use the scales because I have to walk past them to get from the shower to my pants drawer 🙂

Actually, I use them to make sure I’m not losing weight, because I don’t particularly want to lose any.

ourmaninthenorth

What the scales tell me is that my day off causes me to properly lard up compared with the previous week’s losses. Still, gotta keep the fait,

I have no idea what the motorboat is, but I have an image of a hare krishna doing something improper between a hairy man in a sweatband and Borat.

(Off to eat my iLunch of quinoa kedgeree with a side order of mind bleach)

miketually
    Free Member

iKeep iThe iFaith

Solo
    Free Member

Ok there are 2 teams I trust… one of them’s me, and the other ain’t you.

TSY.
    Whats your problem with team membership ?.
    🙂

I have no idea what the motorboat is
    Its something to do with Weddings, IIRC………..

………

😉

EDIT:
    Dang !, TSY’s probably out there now pounding those bricks in his team of 1.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

No real problem Solo.. I’m just being a tit. Played footy for a team for years.

Motorboating is when you put your head between two tits and make the noise of an outboard motor with them…

littlemisspanda
    Free Member

Does the iDave rely on pulses and beans a lot? I really struggle with those (Crohns) but I noticed that Mike had said it had helped his ulcerative colitis a lot, so I’m more curious now.

In terms of carbs I really only eat basmati rice, gluten free oats, quinoa and buckwheat noodles, because I try to stick to low GI stuff.

Solo
    Free Member

Mike had said it had helped his ulcerative colitis a lot, so I’m more curious now

I didn’t read mike’s post like that.
    I thought he meant that since he cut out the food items, as suggested on the iDave diet.
    That he had noted an easing of his condition.

I may have read that wrong then.

May be Mike can come back and clarify.

LMP.
    I wouldn’t pressume to give advice to someone with Crohns, but seems that you are curious.
    If you mail me I’ll happily send you a copy for you to read.
    Others have contacted me for a copy.
    Its no trouble.
    🙂

littlemisspanda
    Free Member

I started in Jan, lost nearly 3 stone and have gone from tight 42″ waist jeans to 38’s almost falling down (but not quite into 36’s cos of my thighs!) I’d not felt so good in years either, loads of energy and my ulcerative colitis which has fluctuated between bad and really bad over the last 5 years seemed to have gone away. Then about 3 weeks ago a combination of my daughters birthdays, my birthday and a few other family events meant that my cheat day slipped into a cheat week and then a cheat fortnight (you can’t turn down birthday cake when it’s your kids parties)

Found the original post – I think Mike was saying that his UC improved on iDave, or that’s how I read it anyway.

It sounds a lot similar to the Specific Carbohydrate Diet that is recommended for Crohns and UC – I’ve had some success with that in managing flare-ups in the past, and it eliminates starchy carbs altogether.

I’ll drop you an email – I’m interested. I would like to shift some weight. I’m right at the upper end of what’s normal for my height. I do have a medium to large frame so I’m never going to be a skinny minnie, but I would like to drop some weight for my race in September. In the last 18 months or so. I already dropped around 8lbs and a dress size after going GF, but I can’t seem to manage to shift any more. I thought I ate quite healthy but after keeping a food diary for 2 weeks I realised I ate quite a lot of starchy foods and cheese, plus drinking tea with milk in all day!

Solo
    Free Member

Found the original post – I think Mike was saying that his UC improved on iDave, or that’s how I read it anyway.

Yeap, I’m with you there, but I would have attributed this to what he had cut-out of his diet to follow iDave, rather than considering that pulses might have had a unique effect.

Specific Carbohydrate Diet
    I have recently stumbled across some comments about this, but haven’t ventured to far into this territory, myself.

LMP.
    Mail me if you wish, and I’ll shoot a copy of iDave’s diet over to you.
    Whether or not the info is of any use is another matter.
    🙂

mavisto
    Free Member

Tried the IDave route for about 2 months and lost a reasonable amount of weight, but hated virtually every meal I ate.

I’m not a great lover of meat of any type and all the preparation just didn’t fit in with the way my life works.

However, went on holiday to Portugal for a week and ate ‘normally’ (cereal for breakfast, pizza, beer etc) and put 2/3 of the weight back on.

Since getting back I found a website called Food Focus. It takes some details about weight, age, activity level etc and allows you to enter a daily food log, exercise log and body log. As long as you put the data in, you can track your input and output of calories.

It really makes you think what you are putting in your mouth and how much over your daily limit you will be by eating that extra choccy digestive.

So far, I’m about 5kg down in a just over a month. Haven’t been hungry and I eat what I want. For example, keep the calories down with lean meat and veg during the day on Friday cos I know I’m going out with the lads for a few on Friday night.

I also only get weighed on a Friday morning. Always hate making a monday even worse by finding I’ve put a pound or two on over the weekend.

I really wish I could have stuck to the IDave plan, but I couldn’t, it was too much hassle for me. I’m sure some of you will think adding to your food log 4 or 5 times a day will also be too much hassle.

jota180
    Free Member

Bagstard – Member
    jota, idieters are not restricting calorie intake and much less likely to be losing muscle.

ahh…….. I see, with you now

so far I’ve lost 2.5″ off my beer gut ‘muscle’

molgrips
    Free Member

I’m not a great lover of meat of any type

Meat is not a required part of the diet, it’s just something you CAN eat a lot of if you wish.

Solo
    Free Member

ahh…….. I see, with you now

so far I’ve lost 2.5″ off my beer gut ‘muscle’

I do find it amusing to see people post comments like that, when they themselves decide an online video is not worth watching… before they’ve watched it.

Jota180.
    You and your method have been accepted for the results you claim you are happy with.
    Yet you flame others.
    BagStard has had great results and FWIW, I believe he is having a better time at meal time than calorie counters.
    But thats just my personal opinion which I have tried to spare you.
    But you are taking the biscuit.

So I’ll make you an offer, I won’t dish calorie counting, so long as you leave off prescribing exercise regimes with dietary caloric deficits, and the iDiet.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’m going on holiday for three weeks. I won’t be able to arrange iDiet food, so I’m going to try just minimising carbs and calories overall. I ‘ll let you know how I get on!

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 161 total)

The topic ‘iDave diet downsides’ is closed to new replies.