Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 125 total)
  • iDave diet – a £ for a pound? (AKA payback)
  • iDave
    Free Member

Payback time.

Not going to do the full on charidee speech, but if the iDave diet helped you lose weight, and you’ve saved cash by eating more dried lentils, consider a wee donation. If you’ve enjoyed trolling and slagging off the diet, consider a wee donation as a fee for entertainment given.

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/ffflow

So you don’t need to look at the link, I’m running 100km at altitude, in heat, around the foothills of Mt Kenya on 23rd June to raise money for Leukaemia research. Lost good friends to it. I hate running – aiming for a finish time of 11 hours.

None of the funds donated goes towards the cost of the trip and deadlydarcy isn’t looking after it either.

Cheers

EDIT – the trip is self funded, I don’t need your donation to pay for any part of it.

allthepies
    Free Member

Done.

donsimon
    Free Member

I’ll donate all of last week’s lottery winnings if dd does it with you.

¡Suerte!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    iDave
    Free Member

If you mean the €107m, I’ll give him a piggy back!

donsimon
    Free Member

If it gets the €107m I’m coming with you…

RobHilton
    Free Member

Done.
    Had to weigh myself to find out the price of success 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

Hi,

Fate has brought you here….

No it didn’t. The link in the OP did.

Despite this, I still donated.

iDave
    Free Member

Wow, I’m dead choked by the response so far! Thanks people. It’s almost like you’re real people not just from the interweb!!

matt_bl
    Free Member

Dave,

I’m starting the iDave diet eating plan a week on Monday, after I run the Edinburgh marathon (a trifling 42Km). I’ve marvelled at your self-control in some of the idiet threads.

Was 100Km not a huge enough challenge, that you decided to do it at altitude aswell? Any-which-way, chapeau!

I’ll assume a decent loss for the future and pitch in!

Matt

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Jamie!

How’s the road riding going?

Donated… are you using the little bike ride as a bit of training then?

iDave
    Free Member

Never mind ‘how’s the road riding going’, where the **** have you been Jamie!!!

iDave
    Free Member

If I get a new bike built in time I’m considering 10 under the Ben followed by the half marathon the next day….

And the ‘other’ wee ride will be handy training too….

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Why do I have to live so far flipping south!

iDave
    Free Member

get to Staffordshire for Friday morning and we can share the driving/fuel?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I didnt do your diet and I didnt lose weight. Though I do save money by not eating very much. I’ve sent you a five quid!

100k fueled on beans, veg and meat, good luck – you’ll need it! (unless the 22nd is your “off day”)

iDave
    Free Member

Cheers DTF, much appreciated – fuel will be whatever is available in East Africa plus a load of Haribo I’m bringing with me

molgrips
    Free Member

Jamie!

How’s the road riding going?

He’s just got back from his first ride. It was an epic.

Donated.

Jamie
    Free Member

I think Dave has to let Molgrips bum him, or something, given the amount he just donated.

…or maybe just a nice souvenir.

iDave
    Free Member

I suggested a £1 per pound not per kg MG 😉

Thanks for the unwarranted generosity

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Molly surely you’ve not lost that much?! Chapeau though

So Jamie. We need explanations.

Dave chances of me getting the day off are slim to none. Quite fancy a half marathon off the back of almost no running though and a 10 hr bike marathon.

iDave
    Free Member

that’s a shame, never mind eh, there must be no way round that dilemma

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Yes indeed.

*thinks*

Keva
    Free Member

not on the diet and no need to lose weight but beanz are now a part of my diet which they weren’t before.

donated.

Kev

molgrips
    Free Member

6-7kg thanks to iDave, 3kg before that thanks to inactivity.

think Dave has to let Molgrips bum him, or something, given the amount he just donated.

Does it say who I am on the donation? I clicked anonymous 😳

iDave
    Free Member

it shows as anonymous, I think they looked at the timing of a donation and a post?

King-ocelot
    Free Member

I can’t get it to work? I’m trying VISA as ny paypal is broke.

iDave
    Free Member

Dunno catflees – should be fine with VISA?

Jamie
    Free Member

For the record, I also had it crap out on me when trying to use Visa Debit card. Got all the way through, including the verified by visa bit, but the website threw up an error saying they had a prob on their side. Had to use Paypal.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Should have paypal working again on Tuesday, will try again then. It was just freezing when I tried Visa, I was on stage3.

soobalias
    Free Member

there you go, good cause and a real challenge, best of luck

my missus and running buddy are both enjoying the diet but i have no idea of the combined weight loss to date
    im waiting for the put on weight version, so i can again go out when its windy

molgrips
    Free Member

Anyone want to sponsor me for how much tequila I can drink at SITS?

iDave
    Free Member

It’s not about how much you can drink MG.

You will drink a shot before and after each stint.

Thanks to everyone who has donated, £203.75 after just 24 hours!

Found out yesterday the cut off time for the run is 12 hours. I ‘should’ be ok, that’s only 11.5 minute miles, but for 62.5 miles…. 😯

molgrips
    Free Member

Who’s gonna clean up the puke?

Maybe I should just do all my laps in one go.

PS should we actually put in an entry or what?

Found out yesterday the cut off time for the run is 12 hours. I ‘should’ be ok, that’s only 11.5 minute miles, but for 62.5 miles…

Holy cow. You are SO doing the run at SITS.

Jamie
    Free Member

Found out yesterday the cut off time for the run is 12 hours. I ‘should’ be ok, that’s only 11.5 minute miles, but for 62.5 miles….

Eat right and don’t do nothing stupid and you’ll piss it.

Saying that, the furthest I have run is 30miles.

And not in Kenya.

I’ll shut up now.

iDave
    Free Member

I should add that I am not in any way a ‘runner’. I did Olympic distance triathlons in the late 80’s. Two years ago I did a 100km in Mongolian mountains in 18 hours. I’ve never ran a half marathon or marathon. Just info for those who may think I’m doing something easy that I love for charidee…. I hate running.

iDave
    Free Member

Bumped up for the day shift – thanks

molgrips
    Free Member

Honestly though, how tf can you run 100km? How is that even possible?

iDave
    Free Member

If war broke out, your car was blown up, public transport destroyed and the last flight was in 13 hours time, from a secure airport 100km away, I expect you could run 100km. You lie to your legs, you tell your brain to shut up, you hum songs, count steps, change your running style, stride length, all sorts.

Personally, I’m treating at as ten 10k runs, with nano-recovery between each one.

molgrips
    Free Member

🙂

something would snap in my legs I reckon.

What’s the equivalent in biking terms? Some kind of ultra sportive I suppose. 24hr solo isn’t that hard, all you have to do is stay awake…

takisawa2

5.2mph for 12hrs.
    Good luck!!!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 125 total)

The topic ‘iDave diet – a £ for a pound? (AKA payback)’ is closed to new replies.