• This topic has 58 replies, 34 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Solo.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)
  • iDave breakfast, so what are people eating.
  • saleem
    Free Member

I’m just interested to see what people have changed in they’re daily routine, as there’s no bread and cereal to be had, is it eggs only sort of thing, can you have porridge ?

While I’m on, what about sweet potatoes, pearl barley, cous cous, polenta, semolina and yams can you eat them at all as part of your daily intake. Thanks all

Kevevs
    Free Member

Proteinaceous spam with spam egg and spam n spam egg cutlett. Sue Townsend says go to work on an egg, and look how her literary prodigy turned out to be.

Here’s my diet, it’s f**ing boring but you WILL lose weight, but you WILL have to stick to it..

0. Learn about nutrition and feed yourself healthily
    1. Easy on the booze
    2. Don’t sit on your arse all day
    3. Don’t stuff your face
    4. Knacker yourself out as often as possible through enjoyable physical activity

I think that’s a better plan over a lifetime rather than a short term diet, It’s just common sense.

_tom_
    Free Member

+1 Kevevs 🙂

Bagstard
    Free Member

Saleem, I get bored of eggs for breakfast and often have the previous nights dinner for breakfast blasted in the microwave, this morning was my ifriendly cottage pie!I’ve never been particularly traditional when it comes to brekfast though.

On the egg front I will often have an omelette, which keeps me satisfied for ages. I’m not on a diet, but I loosely follow the iDave principals and don’t see why it has to be a short term thing, in a nutshell you are steering clear of rice, pasta, bread, cereal and dairy for six days of the week. You don’t go hungry or really deny yourself and I admit I will have porridge if I fancy it, but I’m not trying to lose fat.

On your list it is a no to porridge,semolina, cous cous and sweet potato, but not sure on the others.

kayak23

I was until now having poached eggs EVERY SINGLE DAY in various guises. I’m a vege so have a bit more limited options, but I have recently REALLY gone off the idea of eggs and so am a bit stumped as to whats quick and easy to have now.

fourbanger
    Free Member

3 boiled eggs. Every day. Good think I like eggs!

uwe-r
    Free Member

I was thinking of starting a STW fat fighters thread, we bought some scales the other day. Any interest in posting your weight every week, obviously if i do this on my own it would be the worst thread ever?

edit – apologies for thread jack!

jamiep
    Free Member

porridge, for the first time in years, after some folk on here mentioning it. Christ it is grim, even with a splash of honey and sultanas. Not again. I’m going back to my bread

iDave
    Free Member

“0. Learn about nutrition and feed yourself healthily”

If you did that you’d not have posted anything else 😉

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Granary toast with nutella and peanut butter, and fresh cracked black pepper, with a strong double espresso

not on the iDave can you tell

IanMunro
    Free Member

Raw rolled oats and milk.
    Yours sounds nicer Ron but that requires about 2 minutes extra effort when I could be sleeping.

sobriety
    Free Member

Small bowl of no sugar museli with milk, glass of OJ then ride to work. (destroying yourself is not optional). Works for me.

Chicken and salad for lunch

IDave dinner.

jamest
    Free Member

It’s usually scrambled eggs here, combined with either- ham, bacon, mushrooms, refried beans or chickpea flatbreads, or as others have said if don’t want eggs, I eat last nights leftover dinner. Chickpea flatbreads have become a regular slow carb snack, replacing bread, made properly they are pretty ok, and can be eaten for breakfast spread with peanut butter. I ride 12 hilly miles to work 3 times a week, so on those days eat museli on arriving at work.

oddjob
    Free Member

Hand full of almonds this morning in the car as I was out the door at 6:00. Normally it is scrambled eggs, at the moment, I try to go for 3 whites with 2 yolks or there abouts.

Hotel tonight so I guess it will be crap scrambled eggs with bacon tomorrow.

DrRSwank
    Free Member

Don’t know about iDave diet. I am losing weight and eating healthily and for breakfast I have, either:-

Full fat bio yoghurt with mixed seeds (sunflower, pumpkin etc) on it. If you find this boring add some organic honey. If you find it not boring enough add some flax.

Or porridge made from Quinoa, with chopped fruit in in.

Or eggs – but I find them boring without tom ketchup or chilli sauce.

miketually
    Free Member

0. Learn about nutrition and feed yourself healthily
    1. Easy on the booze
    2. Don’t sit on your arse all day
    3. Don’t stuff your face
    4. Knacker yourself out as often as possible through enjoyable physical activity

iDave diet food = zero and one from that list?

sharkbait
    Free Member

This morning: two egg omlette, trimmed bacon and a handful of button mushrooms.
    I really hope the mushrooms are OK on the iDave ‘cos it all tasted OSSUM 😀

BoardinBob

a quick check of my food diary for the last week

Monday – 2 poached eggs and some aduki beans

Tuesday – 2 poached eggs and a flatbread

Wednesday – 3 egg omelette with 1 onion and 100g of chicken

Thursday – 3 grilled bacon medallions, 2 eggs scrambled

Friday – 3 egg omelette with 1 onion and 150g of brocolli

Saturday – 50g of oats & 1 tblsp of syrup (off day)

Sunday – 4 egg omelette with 75g of smoked salmon

iDave
    Free Member

Non-iDavers often slag off the eggy breakfast that seems to become default – as they of course have eaten the same toast and cereal combo for years which is just as lacking in variety.

Eat anything for breakfast. Curry, steak, fish, veg. The entrenched view that a certain meal has to have certain ingredients has no logical basis.

zilog6128

For breakfast today I had the left over iDave prawn & chilli stir-fry from last night. Wasn’t loads left so cracked a couple of eggs into the pan to bulk it out. Best brekkie yet!!

Other than leftovers I’d normally have scrambled eggs with smoked salmon/bacon and some fried asparagus/mushrooms/tomatoes. If I’m feeling egged-out I’d have a ham salad. Still thinking about ways I can incorporate beans/lentils into breakfast and still stomach them first thing.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

2 eggs very quickly scrambled in a pan. maybe a few mushrooms as well if i have some. thats it. quick and easy.

sat and sun i have toast with marmalade.

not on a strict idave, very aware of it, but will adapt to it when i get down to the last stone i want to lose as i’m thinking that will be hard – it was last time, thats why i failed.

loum
    Free Member

Eat anything for breakfast.

Except today – fish or eggs are ok , but no meat. 🙂

hilldodger
    Free Member

The entrenched view that a certain meal has to have certain ingredients has no logical basis.

Personally I’ve found the “reprogramming” aspect of iEating the most interesting – you really overlook how conditioned to eating certain things at certain times you can become…..

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I’m putting 500 – 700 road miles in a month and TBH it doesn’t matter one little bit what I eat the weight is falling off. Although on days I am not in the saddle I do try and eat a carb fee breakfast. Big bowl of scrambled eggs. Mmmmmm

a quick check of my food diary for the last week

Monday – 2 poached eggs and some aduki beans

Tuesday – 2 poached eggs and a flatbread

Wednesday – 3 egg omelette with 1 onion and 100g of chicken

Thursday – 3 grilled bacon medallions, 2 eggs scrambled

Friday – 3 egg omelette with 1 onion and 150g of brocolli

Saturday – 50g of oats & 1 tblsp of syrup (off day)

Sunday – 4 egg omelette with 75g of smoked salmon

Pppaaaaaarp.! 😯

BoardinBob

Still thinking about ways I can incorporate beans/lentils into breakfast and still stomach them first thing

I had an omelette with aduki beans this morning.

100g of aduki beans fried in a little olive oil for about 5 minutes. Chucked in some tabasco sauce.

3 eggs whisked then poured over the beans, fold in half after a couple of minutes then cook for another couple of minutes before flipping over

BoardinBob

Pppaaaaaarp.!

Actually, before when I ate loads of bread and pasta my guts were rotten. Constant farting, crapping loads, diarrhoea constantly

Since I’ve switched to idave my insides are massively improved. No more farting and bowel movements are vastly improved.

andy7t2
    Free Member

3 egg omelette with a combination of spinach, tomatoes, ham. i’m loving brekkie

thomthumb
    Free Member

The entrenched view that a certain meal has to have certain ingredients has no logical basis.

religious basis.

wiki link

BigJohn

I spent the last couple of days eating from a catering truck on a film set. Breakfast was easy – bacon, tomatoes, mushrooms, beans (OK there’s a bit of sugar in them) eggs (fried, scrambled or poached) – perfect.

loum
    Free Member

@ tomthumb
    Not really, even your own link link talks about the popularity of breakfast cereals in Russia and China – vast atheist populations.
    Even in the USA, marketing (and food company profits) is the driver.

hugor
    Free Member

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Nothing to do with iDave but i have either

Toasted seeded bread with bacon
    Porage with bluberries and natural yogurt
    Scrambled egg cheese and seeded toast
    Boild egg & toast.
    Natural muesli with milk or yogurt.

And every now and then a big meat feast.

Sausge, bacon, balck pudding, scrambled egg, toast. 😀

ourmaninthenorth

Actually, before when I ate loads of bread and pasta my guts were rotten. Constant farting, crapping loads, diarrhoea constantly

Since I’ve switched to idave my insides are massively improved. No more farting and bowel movements are vastly improved.

Likewise. Had wheat last night (pancakes + bread). Guts really off this morning.

Looking forward to my haira (north african squash and chickpea stew) for lunch. Proper food made by me.

Not iDave, but so far today I’ve had a bowl of Alpen (less calories than Fruit n Fibre) a few cherry tomatoes, a bag of French Fries (low carb and low fat) a few slices of ham, a seafood selection and a Go Ahead bar. That will do me till mid afternoon and I’ll have a four bean salad and some more ham. About 900 calories all in and I won’t eat much after that. A few cups of coffee throughout the day with half a sugar will bump it up a bit.

molgrips
    Free Member

BigJohn – baked beans are not good. There’s a little sugar, but apparently something to do with the the length of time they are cooked denatures the proteins, which is why in the few studies that have been done on insulin index baked beans are sky high. Worse than bread and potatoes.

Which is a bummer, quite frankly.

As for my own breakfasts, it’s eggs and bacon mostly, sometimes sausages. Sometimes I also have half a tin of refried beans with a little grated cheese (yes I know).

Oh, I eat when I’m hungry too, not at a set time – usually little and often. Could be called snacking, but I’m not doing it on top of set meals.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

Looking forward to my haira (north african squash and chickpea stew)

sounds interesting, how do you make it?

baked beans are sky high. Worse than bread and potatoes.

balls, half a tin of beans are a regular lunch for me.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’m hoping refried beans can fill that void, although they are quite well cooked also.

saleem
    Free Member

Oh well thanks for the info, as I thought, left overs and eggs for those on iDave.

“0. Learn about nutrition and feed yourself healthily”
    If you did that you’d not have anything else.

There is nothing wrong in asking what others do on there diet. I’m not on a diet as I don’t need to lose weight, I am always interested in them as I’m a chef and have been for 20 years. The cooking of your meals is easy but this still didn’t answer my question about the pearl barley and such.

saleem – I eat a fair bit of cous cous and I seem fine on it, but then I’m not iDave’ing. Biggest one for me was cutting out bread I reckon.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘iDave breakfast, so what are people eating.’ is closed to new replies.