Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • id/ emergency contact cards
  • rivirider
    Free Member

Just done some laminating at work and it came to me to make up a contact card to put in my back pack just in case.i do a lot of solo rides so have no one with me if anything happens.
    Do any of you carry one, what info do you have on it???

druidh
    Free Member

I’ve added the ICE (In Case of Emergency) info to my mobile phone.

rivirider
    Free Member

good idea, i never thought of that.

mema
    Free Member

I have made some up but more for while I am away travelling. I have name and address, emergency contact plus any medical history.

MoreCashThanDash

I wear military style dog tags with my name, address, emergency contact number and a note about my allergy to anti-biotics.

I also have an ICE number on my mobile

GrahamS

I keep my iPhone locked with a passcode so an ICE number is no good.
    Instead I found a iPhone app called “IfFound” which lets you add some custom text to the lock screen – so I have my wife’s phone number there.

gonefishin
    Free Member

If you have your contact details on the phone, make sure that you don’t need a PIN to access it if the keypad is locked or the phone is off.

lookmanohands
    Free Member

Got a RoadId wrist tag thingy attatched to my back pack with details on ( feel a bit of a nobber with it on my wrist!)

IHN

My phone shows my name when you switch it on (it’ll be off, but in my bag, when I’m riding) and has two ICE numbers in it. Plus I’ll probably have a wallet on me.

steveh

I’ve got an old laminated business card with my folks contact details on the back. Probably not great now I’ve changed companies but better than nothing.

davidrussell
    Free Member

GrahamS – what if they just started pesting up your wife?

🙂

GrahamS

She’s used to it.

soobalias
    Free Member

red laminated card in mesh of camelbak.

my name
    NOK phone number
    no known allergy/diease

been there for years now, i always suspect that if its needed somebody/nobody would look for it anyhow.

sofatester
    Free Member

I dont take anything, i want to be a mystery if i buy it out riding.

jojoA1
    Free Member

Our bike club issues you with a separate laminated ‘details’ card along with the membership card to keep in your camelbak for such eventualities.

IWH
    Free Member

I’ve got a luggage tag fixed to the rail of my saddle with my name, emergency contact, medical info and a ‘please look after this bike, reward for safe return’ note folded inside.

dr_death
    Free Member

As long as you have something with your name on it (credit card, driving licence, name tag in the back of your pants) then I bet you we can find out who you are…..

We always manage it somehow, not that this stuff is not useful but TBH it’s not that vital to us in an emergency, and by the time we get round to ringing your NOK in a real emergency then we have had time for someone to find out who you are!

GrahamS

Dr_death: it was a British paramedic who started the ICE campaign after being unable to contact NOKs.

hora
    Free Member

This is a very good point. I was in Hospital once and for the life in me couldnt remember my PIN number for my mobile when asked- I couldnt tell them my GF’s number either. Mind you I couldnt tell who was the Prime Minister so it wasnt all bad 🙂

druidh
    Free Member

dr_death – Member

As long as you have something with your name on it (credit card, driving licence, name tag in the back of your pants)

I’m regularly out cycling with none of the above.

dr_death
    Free Member

Druid, if you go out without any of the above and no-one to tell us who you are and you are to unconscious to tell us who you are then we aren’t gonna get you coming to A&E; just the morgue!!
    😉

Oh and Graham, I said it was useful, but I’ve never been in the situation were I/someone was unable to find out who someone was.

ex-pat
    Free Member

I made up a ‘to take’ list for when I went downhilling at Aston. As I used to sometimes go during the week it was feasible that I’d be ‘lost’ on one of the tracks if I crashed.
    Anyway, I added my name, mobile and contact mobile to the back and used to leave it on the seat. The idea was that if I’m not found then at least there was some contact details kicking about. Thankfully never had to use it.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘id/ emergency contact cards’ is closed to new replies.