• This topic has 17 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Smee.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Icy Carparks
  • starseven
    Free Member

Non of the shops seem to be gritting their car parks. The local Tescos is like a glacier.

I heard a rumour they have been advised not to in case they miss a bit and someone slips then claims.

Surely we haven't got that crazy, have we?

Smee
    Free Member

Yes – the world has indeed gone that crazy. Go play.

binners

I've just had a right old laugh on Asda car park

180bhp + (fairly useless)traction control + handbrake = big grin from me and lots of giggling from daughters in the back

LMT
    Free Member

Tesco have a contractor to grit the car park, only snag is they seem to of gone missing in action! its part of the duty manager check, so they are supposed to grit the car park, the backup plan is that the store manually grit the car park but some stores may not of ordered the grit.

Worth a complaint to the Duty Manager, or better still every store has a txt number you can leave a comment, this goes to Head Office and the Store Manager! they have to take action on all negative points if its feasable.

The txt number is on the Every Comment Helps leaflet.

Andituk
    Free Member

Local Asda is ridiculous, the whle thing is literally a big sheet of ice..

aP
    Free Member

Do people really go to "the shop formerly owned by Dame Shirley Porter" and Walmart?
    How quaint.

Farmer_John
    Free Member

"Do people really go to "the shop formerly owned by Dame Shirley Porter" and Walmart?"

Erm, Asda are still owned by Walmart albeit the holding entity changed in November to Corinth – which is wholly owned by Walmart.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

None of the shops seem to be gritting their car parks.

Indeed. And a lot of people appear not to have bothered gritting their garden paths for the postman (I like to meet mine at the garden gate with an umbrella, if it's raining or snowing)

Of course you could always not bother using car parks provided by shops – apparently most will allow in, customers who have parked on the public highways.

DezB
    Free Member

…postman (I like to meet mine at the garden gate with an umbrella, if it's raining or snowing)

Whats the point in that? He'll only get wet when he leaves your place 😕

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Asda are still owned by Walmart

aP used the word "and" between, "the shop formerly owned by Dame Shirley Porter" and Walmart.

I don't know what he's got against Tesco, although I can understand him having a problem with a corrupt British-Zionist politician.

aP
    Free Member

e_l – I've got loads against "the shop formerly owned by Dame Shirley Porter", and yes I'm not too keen on the gerrymanderer herself either.
    …and as for Walmart.

-m-
    Free Member

I heard a rumour they have been advised not to in case they miss a bit and someone slips then claims.

That's exactly what I was told last winter when I asked about a big patch of ice just outside the door of our local B+Q (which, ironically, sells salt/grit…)

Gary_M
    Free Member

Asda also have a contract to lay grit salt on their car parks when temp reaches a certain level – only in Scotland though.

takisawa2

I did a YTS when I left School, way back in 84'.
    Cold day, plenty of ice & snow, the chap in charge didnt turn up.
    So out of boredom, we used our initiative. 🙂
    We cleared & gritted a path in the local Park.

We almost got the sack for it.
    Same reasons as above.
    If you've tried to clear it & someone falls your liable.
    And this was in 1984'…!!!

jimmy

got to waitrose this morning – 2 tier car park. 1st full so went up top – empty with 6" snow. Had a little play with the handbrake t park and thought I'd come back after shopping to play about. Had to wait 45 mins for booze isle to open (stupid Scottish laws) so got back to a full car park. Gutted, was well lookin forward to that wernit.

thomthumb
    Free Member

Had to wait 45 mins for booze isle to open (stupid Scottish laws) so got back to a full car park.

you were surprised? 😉

JulianA
    Free Member

You have a booze isle? Which one is it and how do we get there?

We do have booze aisles down here but I like the idea of a booze isle!

Smee
    Free Member

We have several booze isles – they're called the hebrides.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Icy Carparks’ is closed to new replies.