Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Iceland decides not to compensate the British Government for their losses
  • Spongebob
    Free Member

Seems like our government's hasty action to compensate the losses to UK savers has backfired. Iceland isn't now going to pay up, so it'll be us tax payers bearing the brunt (what a surprize!). Like we haven't already got a big enough tax burden!

I wonder if the hasty bail out was anything to do with the huge losses a few labour controlled councils faced. These L.A.'s invested in Icesave, despite plenty of warning's about Iceland's vulnerable banking sector. Reckless! Again, this is down to the public sector bosses not understanding the value of money.

uplink
    Free Member

& Iceland could do without anyone trying to veto their membership of the EU too

IanMunro
    Free Member

I propose we invade Iceland and then sell it off on ebay.

geoffj

I'd like to be compensated for having to see Kerry Katona's fat face in them bluddy adverts.

aP
    Free Member

I'm sure that those decisions had nothing to do with paid external consultants recommending those specific investments, oh no.
    Together with an ignorant public who don't realise that when something seems too good it probably is.

waynekerr
    Free Member

+1

uplink
    Free Member

I wonder if the hasty bail out was anything to do with the huge losses a few labour controlled councils faced

Is that fact or have you made it up?
    IIRC Tory councils were the biggest losers
    Kent being the worst – I think

ourmaninthenorth

Sovereign nation in self-determination shocker!

BigDummy
    Free Member

This benighted nation of herring fisherfolk and failed investment bankerfolk needs to be taught the limits of self-determination. When can the fleet put to sea?

tankslapper
    Free Member

I blame Katona!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Iceland decides not to compensate the British Government for their losses’ is closed to new replies.